INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Problems on XP Home  (Read 1062 times)

Q-Tip

Install Problems on XP Home
« on: July 06, 2002, 07:34:18 am »

Hi,

I'm having problems installing MJ 8 on Win XP Home.

I installed it as the owner/administrator, and it runs fine from that account.  But when I try to run it from a limited user account, I get "Warning: Media Jukebox was not installed correctly for the current user.  Please reinstall Media Jukebox."

I'm only on day 9 of my XP learning curve.  I had thought that if I installed from my owner account, everyone should be able to run it.  Any hints/suggestions?

TIA,
--Q.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Install Problems on XP Home
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 08:23:42 am »

Install MJ for each account.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Q-Tip

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 08:43:55 am »

Sorry, maybe this is XP confusion on my part.

But I thought I could not install anything from a limited user account.  I thought everything had to be installed from an administrator account.

Actually, I don't even understand what it would mean to install a program from each account, since no matter what account you installed it from, wouldn't the program files be written to c:\programs\etc.?

Again, sorry for my ignorance of XP.  Just made the (big) jump from Win 95 a couple weeks ago.  Look forward to getting MJ up and running for both me and my wife : )

--Q.

Q-Tip

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 09:05:55 am »

Ok, I got it now, thanks.  I changed the user account to administrator, installed it from there (not that I know what this means, but perhaps that's not for me to worry about), then set the user account back to a limited account, and it's working fine.  Who knows, maybe the same trick will work for my Eudora problems (?).

Thanks  for the tip.  Just noted in another post someone complained that this comes up 1/week for last 2 years.  Perhaps this would be a good tip to add to the FAQ, given the number of neophyte XP users who will have CD playing/riping/burning as one of their firt goals with a new machine.

Thanks again, look forward to playing with MJ!
--Q.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 11:02:32 am »

>> Perhaps this would be a good tip to add to the FAQ
NoBody reads them
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up