INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listing all MC fields  (Read 1085 times)

wladdy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Listing all MC fields
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »

Is there a resource listing all the available MC fields and detailing their use?
For instance, how should one use 'Album ID', 'Asset code' or 'UPC', just to give examples of a few fields that I do not understand?

I'm aware that the possibility to create custom fields is one of MC's great strengths. However, before creating a new field I want to make sure that I can't effectively use a standard one for my purpose.

I use MC 14.0.71.

Thanks in advance!

wladdy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Listing all MC fields
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:42:26 pm »

So, I counted all the available fields. There seems to be 155 of them (hidden fields notwithstanding) and I really would appreciate a resource briefly describing them all...

Am I the only one who would like to use the available fields to their full extent before resorting to Custom ones?

I could understand the approach of forgetting the default fields and creating custom ones from scratch as the need arises, but that's just too much clutter when the default ones cannot be deleted.

Thanks for any help or comments.

W.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:12:55 pm »

A coming build will better hide internal store-only fields like "Store: Album ID".  It was an accident that they were showing up in field lists.

Sorry, but there's no master list of field descriptions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:10 am »

In 14.0.84 I'm still seeing "number of tracks", "purchase date" and "store name" under User Fields.  Are these part of MC's internal system fields too?  If not, I presume I can delete them?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 01:45:50 pm »

In 14.0.84 I'm still seeing "number of tracks", "purchase date" and "store name" under User Fields.  Are these part of MC's internal system fields too?  If not, I presume I can delete them?

In a coming build:
Fixed: A few store fields could show as user fields in the 'Manage Library Fields' dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up