INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Artist (auto)  (Read 2714 times)

Niebla

• Junior Woodchuck
Album Artist (auto)
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:39:18 am »

How is supposed to work the field "Album artist (auto)"?

Time ago, it returned the name of the artist (if unique) or "assorted" (if many)...

Now, it is not working for me... In many cases, it shows the album name... !!!!

I've checked that the files are correctly tagged, and I've tried to reimport some albums...And it still does not work.

Does any one else have this behavior?

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Album Artist (auto)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:55:40 am »

If you change "Album Artist" then "Album artist (auto)" will automatically fill itself as it echoes the tag in "Album Artist"
You can use the "Move/Copy" function to copy the "Artist" tag into "Album Artist" or edit it manually in the case of "Various" artists.

I believe it is that simple, unless there are rules where "Album Artist" does something that I am not aware of in special cases.
. . . the game is rigged

Niebla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:59 am »

I dont know how or why... but the "Album artist" tag was filled with de album name in many cases...

I've deleted that information and now is working...

Thanks!

(but I really think I did not update that tag...or at least no conciensly...mmmm...)

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:40 am »

You're not going crazy, this has happened to me too. I'm not sure when, but I've noticed that many of my tags for Album Artist, Album Artist(Auto), and Band have changed to the name of the Album. I'm having a terrible time trying to change them all back. It seems to be where the Band field has been overwritten with the Album name as well. Anybody else experienced this?

kbtrans

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:55 pm »

You're not going crazy, this has happened to me too. I'm not sure when, but I've noticed that many of my tags for Album Artist, Album Artist(Auto), and Band have changed to the name of the Album. I'm having a terrible time trying to change them all back. It seems to be where the Band field has been overwritten with the Album name as well. Anybody else experienced this?
I use MC 13 in two locations and this thing is happening at both locations.  I am afraid the solution suggested above is not
clear to me.   I have tens of thousands of files and I would spend the rest of my life manually changing the library entries that are now
showing Album name in both Artist and Album fields.

Any help much appreciated !

cheers

Paul

kbtrans

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:55:47 am »

OK ...is this the only place to get support for MC 13 questions ? 

I've been a MC user from the very beginning because it has always been user friendly to do the basics.
I keep paying for upgrades, but now half of my library shows the album name under both artist and album
name.  Doing it in both locations that I use MC 13.  I check the tags and they show artist.   I can not figure this out
and the program is totally useless to me as a result.

Any help appreciated or perhaps another resource where I can have someone help me.

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:03:49 pm »

Right click on a file and explore the Library Tools options.  You can move information from MC's library to the tag or the reverse. 

Try a few before you do very many.

The wiki may also be useful:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29

kbtrans

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:32 am »

Right click on a file and explore the Library Tools options.  You can move information from MC's library to the tag or the reverse. 

Try a few before you do very many.

The wiki may also be useful:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29

Thanks for the suggestion but there are probably 80,000 files that I would have had to go through one by one.

The solution to my problem was to not use either "Album Artist" or "Album Artist (auto)" and simply
use "Artist" and "Album" as my fields.   Something about going from MC 12 to MC 13 made this change
necessary.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up