INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Sorting - Theatre View  (Read 1322 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Video Sorting - Theatre View
« on: October 24, 2009, 05:03:42 pm »

I'm trying to first sort by genre which is fine i have done that.  But once i've done that I'd like the resulting files to be listed by filename.  So I have created a new command called genre in video, then created another nested command under genre called filename.  Doesn't show up once i'm in my genre results.

All in theatre view btw.

Any help?

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Video Sorting - Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:13:12 pm »

Found the answer to my own question again...i figured it out but the problem I have is when I create a custom view it doesn't have the same nice look as some of the stock views where the covert art is shown on the right with file info.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 02:27:39 pm »

Any thought MC?  I've had a few posts here and little to no response.  Frustrating.

Is there anyway to do a custom view where you get the cover art and file info on the right?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:51:57 pm »

I suspect I'm not alone in having difficulty understanding your question. There is no difference between "stock" and "custom" views. They're both configurable in Options - Theater View. Have you tried using Customize file info panel?

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 08:12:04 am »

Thanks for the response.

I'll explain a little better.  When I create my own library item in theatre view in videos I don't get the (I think it's called) sidecar.  I just get all of the coverart without the side panel showing the cover art and file info. 

Customize file info panel sounds like the ticket.  I'll search for that when I get home or you can point me in the right diretion.

Thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 01:25:38 pm »

There are two separate issues here. First, MC has to import your movie information from sidecar files—assuming you have sidecar files (from MyMovies?). Configure a view in Standard View (i.e., display title, year, genre, director, actors, description, etc.) to make sure that's working as you expect it to. Then use Customize file info panel to configure the video file template to display those fields (any way you like) in Theatre View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up