INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search bug: Search clears when files are deleted from MC  (Read 1593 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Search bug: Search clears when files are deleted from MC
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:10:14 am »

Bug:  Deleting some files from MC while in a search results in the search cancelling.

To replicate:

1. Run a search.  With the Audio view highlighted, I used the Common Searches to choose "No Cover Art"
2. I clicked an Album in the Album pane
3. In the details pane, I selected all files, then I did shift-delete and chose OK to delete from MC and delete from disk
4. After the deletion finished, the search box cleared and I was now looking at the full media library again.   When this happens, the Search suggestion box momentarily appears - so the white pane that says "Common Searches" flashes up after I delete the files; once it has flashed up, the search box is empty.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Search bug: Search clears when files are deleted from MC
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:31:19 am »

Any time you erase all visible files after a search, the search will be cleared.

I suppose your case is a corner case since you're combining pane selection with searching.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tjobbins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:10 am »

Any time you erase all visible files after a search, the search will be cleared.

I suppose your case is a corner case since you're combining pane selection with searching.

Yeah, in this case it's a bug - I'm not deleting all the files by any means.  The search returns e.g. 1000 files, I then choose one Album and delete 10 files;  but it clears the whole search..

Before clearing the search you should compare the number of files deleted to the number of files returned by the search - this check would prevent it clearing hte search in the above example.

I guess I can work around it for now by creating a smartlist, but then I need to configure that to show me the Albums/Artists panes view that I want to use for fixing the files so that's also a pain.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:17:57 pm »

Coming in build 96 (and later):
Fixed: Deleting all files in a view after a search + pane selection would reset the search.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tjobbins

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:12 pm »

Coming in build 96 (and later):
Fixed: Deleting all files in a view after a search + pane selection would reset the search.

Thanks very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up