INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC97 any views?  (Read 863 times)

Ton-Up

AC97 any views?
« on: July 05, 2002, 11:40:43 pm »

I've just bought myself a nice shiny new PC and the sound spec is given as an AC97. It sounds ok to me but I've heard it's not without problems. As I've said it sounds ok but what concerns me more is the recording from line in and whether any files would show up any deficencies if I later upgraded to a new soundcard.  Does anyone have any experience of the AC97 good or bad so I can decide whether to get myself a new soundcard.

Thanks in advance for any views

Mastiff

RE:AC97 any views?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 01:20:05 am »

Don't record from it! I've got an AC97 on my MSI KT3, and the inline is hopeless in my opinion. I could hear a clear difference between that and a three year old SB Live Value on speech only material! But as long as you stick to the digital out, the sound is acceptable. I use it to power the system in my bedroom. :-)

Tor - Managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 03:24:47 am »

Buy a SB Live or Audigy, it sound's great compared with AC97 wich is my soundcard included im my motherboard it's horrible i agree with Mastiff the line in is horrible.
Made in Portugal

Ton-Up

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 06:54:08 am »

Thanks for the views. I've decided to stick in my soundblaster live until I decide exactly what soundcard I'll go for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up