Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIO 30  (Read 1083 times)

Kurt Johnson

RIO 30
« on: July 05, 2002, 06:57:37 am »

Hello,
I installed the package for handheld devices and the package for the RIO 300. The rio shows under handhelds, but when I right click to find a pop-up to set the port I get nothing. Both the internal and external memories show under the RIO 300 box but when I try to access them I get not ready message and the only thing that pops when i right click is a format box. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kurt

Steve

RE:RIO 30
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 06:52:17 am »

Hello Kurt,

Can you confirm for me what version of MJ you are running. Also what Operating System and what version of the Rio 300 Plug-in.  Also, if you can, install Rio's Audio Manager and see if you can get connected with it.

I may not be able to reply until Tuesday when I am back at JRiver but look for a response then if not sooner.

Thanks,

Steve (JRiver)

ciskoe

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 08:52:36 am »

I have a similar experience to Kurt Johnson.
I just downloaded v. 8.0 evaluation version and installed in on my Windows XP desktop.

I had to go to the plugin manager and download the Rio 300 pluging and restart a couple of times, but I can access both internal and external memory on the Rio.

I next installed the same version on my Sony Viao laptop, (also Windows XP) and downloaded the plugin, but cannot access the device.

When I right-click on the device I don't get a menu with "Edit Port Settings." In fact, I don't get a right-click menu at all, until I click on the Rio 300 device icon. Then I get a 'Can't find device, make sure drivers are loaded' message.

Then I get a manu, but the only items in the right-click menu then are 'Format Internal Memory' and "Show only queed files."

Is there any other way to set the port to PARALLEL?

Thanks,

Thom Pike
Jacksonville, FL

ciskoe

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 08:59:01 am »

Correction:
I should have said that I installed Media Jukebox v.8.0.318 on my Windows XP desktop computer, (and Emachine 1600).  Didn't mean to say I installed it to the Desktop rather than a folder in Program files.

Also: the plugin for the Rio 300 is 3.0.8.

Once again: works on the Emachine, but not on the Sony laptop.

t pike

Steve

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 06:32:44 am »

Kurt and ciskoe,

After you install the Plug-in for the Rio 300, be sure that you reboot your PC one time to have the Plug-in work.

If you are still having problems, install Rio's Audio Manager and be sure that it works.  If it works, then try rerunning MJ and see if things then work. Rio's Audio Manager will install some newer drivers that may make things work better. You can download it at http://www.rioport.com/Software/1,4056,,00.html?page=

Please let me know if you need further help.

Steve

ciskoe

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 01:35:46 am »

Steve,

There hangs the tail.  I found and installed MJ because Rioport had stopped working.

I installed it on my laptop a week or two ago, and it worked: I could read the both internal and external memory on the Rio, delete what was there and copy new data to it.

I tried it again the other day and got the 'no device manager available' message.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and then went to MJ.

I rebooted after installing MJ, and again, after installing the plug-in.  

I still can't find the 'Edit Port Settings' dialog box.

Since MJ and Rioport work on my desktop machine, perhaps it has something to do with the parallel port on my laptop.

But it did work, at least at first, with Rioport.

Thom Pike

Steve

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 05:48:36 am »

Thom,

Don't worry about the "Edit Port Settings" dialog, it is unnecessary.  If RioPort and MJ don't work, the problem could either be a hardware issue (i.e. the port) or a driver problem which can occur if you install other software that can access the Rio 300 or for any number of inexplicable reasons.

If you can, verify that the port is still functioning correctly. If it is, then try removing all software that can access the Rio 300 (excluding MJ) and uninstall the Rio 300 Plugin. Then, go to the following site..

http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

These are the instructions to fully remove the Rio drivers. Follow the instructions. Reboot. Reinstall the JRiver Rio Plug-in. Try connecting. If it fails, reboot. See if you are all set.

Sorry for all the details. Feel free to email me directly at steve @ jriver.com if you need help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up