INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seeking advice: best practices for displaying summary info  (Read 1063 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
seeking advice: best practices for displaying summary info
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:06:53 pm »

Hoping someone can offer some advice on best practices for displaying summary info about items.

I am currently focussed on finding the best way to display summaries of PDF books, but I suppose this question is relevant to all file types.

1) I am wondering which field is best to use: Description, Notes, Comment, other?.

2) How can I get the summary info to pop up when I hover over the item (like happens with podcasts).

Thanks in advance.

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: seeking advice: best practices for displaying summary info
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:31:50 pm »

Odd, I was just wondering the same thing.  I used to use Comments, then I switched to Notes. Some pictures use descriptions. I'm not sure which to use, but I know that I want to try to always use the same one.  One thing I noticed is that Notes might be the best bet, because Comments is used sometimes by recorded tv shows, etc.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

rjm

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:46:07 pm »

lise,

Have you found any way to have the info pop up when you hover over it?

I love the way podcast descriptions pop up but can't get it to work for other media types.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:32:22 pm »

I know what you mean, but no. The description is displayed, but only for podcasts. I checked (as I'm sure you did too). Too bad. I too would like this feature for other media.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up