INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flickr tagging problem  (Read 1055 times)

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
Flickr tagging problem
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:27:52 pm »

Uploading photos to Flickr works nicely (thanks for the feature!) but if I have multiple keywords on a picture in MC (14.0.106), the resulting tags all run together once they are on Flickr.  This is with the checkbox set on the Flickr Upload screen for 'Use keyword list for tags'.

For example, if I have a photo with three keywords assigned: family, house and dinner, the tag on Flickr will be familyhousedinner instead of three separate tags.  Am I doing something wrong here?...

Thanks,

Eugene

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
Re: Flickr tagging problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:54:19 am »

Any thoughts on this from JRiver devs (or anyone else)....?  It's a bit tedious having to rename all these tags once the pictures are on Flickr.

Thanks,

Eugene

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:03:16 am »

i do not use flickr myself, but what if you try with a different delimiter ? MC uses ";" can it be comma "," ?
MT5FR

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:12:59 am »

When I manually try a comma instead of a semi-colon for the delimiter, it uses it as part of the tag name.  For example, 'dog' and 'pet' becomes 'dog,pet'.  I can't find anywhere in options to change the delimiter character.  Thanks for the thought though...

Eugene

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:19:16 am »

i see, maybe something has changed in the upload procedure...another try can maybe if you want to test, is to drag the files, i guess flickr has some kind of java uploader, so if you write your tags to the photos first and then drag them to your browser...and then check if you get the correct keywords...i sometimes use smugmug and what i can recall it's working there..
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up