INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: search keywords: starts with, contains, etc  (Read 1001 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
search keywords: starts with, contains, etc
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:51:10 pm »

Has the ability to search lists (such as keywords) by using 'starts with' or 'contains' been implemented? If not, is there a workaround that does not require checking every single relevant box?
I have about 40 items nested under "Woodworking Projects" and I just want to create a search for any docs with the keyword 'projects' without having to select them all (because it is a fluid list).
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: search keywords: starts with, contains, etc
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 03:55:20 pm »

You may need to use the advanced search editor instead of the wizard.

I would expect [Keywords]="projects" to work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 04:04:22 pm »

I would expect [Keywords]="projects" to work.

Hi Matt,

Nope. Doesn't work. I type it directly into the Import/Export box of my search list but it auto gets modified to [keywords]=[projects] whenever I close and come back in.

I did, however, find a workaround in a old post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51792.msg353468#msg353468
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:30:48 pm »

lise, my workaround is creating a calculated field (manage library fields) [Keywords], then you can use contain in smarlists and searchlists

@ Matt, it would be really nice if semicolon delimited fields could exclude data not belonging to the first pick in a smartlist...like it is with strings, for example first you pick album monkeys, then keywords, the "lookup" will give you all keywords in the db I want to see the keywords belonging to bananas  :)

..i would not say no to be able to expand nested fields with a click either..  :P

MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up