INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: divx files  (Read 830 times)

raoul

divx files
« on: July 04, 2002, 02:52:59 am »

hi,
I installed MJ yesterday, and at the moment i'm loving it compared to MMJB. One of the features I liked best was the ability to customize the track info pages in html, and the customizable visualisations are cool, though a little hard to figure out. anyway, i was thinking that I could use MJ to play my divx files as well as my mp3s, but I like to keep my divx files with the extension .divx, both to distinguish them from other codecs in .avi format and to play them with a specific divx player. is there any way MJ could search for .divx files and add them to its media library?

thanks,
raoul

Influxor

• Recent member
RE:divx files
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 03:52:43 am »

It plays my Divx's fine. However, yes they must be in .AVI extension, to distinguish them i simply change the filename to:
filename - [DIVX].avi
thatway divx's will still list in a search.

otherwise there the oldskool windows trick,  useing windows explorer, click 'tools' from the menu, click 'folder options' click the 'file types' tab..   choose the 'new' button, add the .divx extension to the box, it will then appear in the filetypes window, click 'change' on the 'opens with' field, and select the MJB EXE to open it.  from then on a custom extension will be associated with MJB in windows.

hmm what am i doing up at this hour?  i shoulda read your post better LOL
umm as far as MJ adding custom extensions to the library.. i havent found that option yet LOL  -good luck!
cheers!
;)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 07:09:32 am »

raoul,

Welcome to MJ world! We will add .divx extension to the list of supported formats on Monday. Use "Check for Updates" to retrieve new supported types.

Nikolay

Joshua_neil

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 05:49:51 pm »

I like to have my divx files with a .divx extension also. The previous reply said it would be fixed but it seems not to be (been over a month). I would really like this feature.

Thanks.

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 10:01:50 am »

And .mp4 please. It's an extension used for Quicktime 6

Joshua_neil

Problem Solved
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 02:12:50 pm »

To add a file type to the "File Associations" tab in options, I did the following:

Open registry editor by clicking start, then run, and typing regedit and hitting enter

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/JRiver/Music Exchange/1.0/Media Jukebox/

Then edit some of the registrations:
right click on each of these and click modify:
 DefaultFileTypes
   add the extension (eg "divx")
 DescriptionTypes
   add the extension and a description (eg "divx (Video File)")
 MPTypes
 RPTypes

also if it's an audio file you might have to go to:
    MJTypes
      add the extension

Now restart your computer and start media jukebox.
The new file extension should be under file associations.

-Joshua_neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up