INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Click pop sound solved!!!  (Read 557 times)

Sliderwkw

Click pop sound solved!!!
« on: July 04, 2002, 01:47:48 am »

Hi,

I have been trying out various methods, settings,etc and I found out why my MP3s are full of popping sounds. I just uncheck the "copy and encode simultaneously" and you got a clean high quality mp3. I am using windows xp pro and sblive lavlue with the latest drivers.

But there is something weird that I am still figuring out is that, during playback using MJ ,mediaplayer, I can hear the popping sound when playing directly from the CD. I turn on the "use error correctio nsetting" in media plyer and the problem seems to be gone.
Mediajukebox seem to missed out a important feature which spins up the disc before ripping maybe this is the cause of problems.

My philips PCCD048 is certified not to produce output with jitter error and when I hear directly from the cdrom itself, I hear no popping sound.

shelly

RE:Click pop sound solved!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 05:37:33 am »

Have you run all of the WinXP updates, particularly:

Windows Messenger Audio Update
This update addresses the "Windows XP Real-Time Communication Client Support for Network Address Translation" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q316397. Download now to resolve several issues in the Windows Messenger Client and to eliminate popping sounds coming from your speakers. This update also enables users of the Voice.Net service to reach the telephony service from behind Network Address Translators (NATs).

For more information about this issue, read Microsoft KB Article Q316397. (This site is in English.)

I was ready to return my Klisch 4.1 speakers until I installed this and the popping stopped.  

Shelly

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 08:39:49 am »

How are those Klipshes, by the way. Those might be on my wish list.
Severian

shelly

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 11:05:38 am »

The Klipsch 4.1's are excellent speakers.  I was a tad disappointed that soon after getting them, the 5.1's came out, although they may have been overkill for the small room my pc is in.

Sliderwkw

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 06:20:32 am »

I downloaded all XP updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up