INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC "Date" tag problem in multiple libraries  (Read 912 times)

bbuckeye

• Recent member
FLAC "Date" tag problem in multiple libraries
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:36 am »

I've searched the forums and found some pretty technical info that's over my head, so at the risk of duplicating info, could somebody offer a layman's explanation for the scenario below?  If one exists.  Thanks!

Background -- My friend and I sync our music drives. Each have a drive letter {D,G).  This is done from every couple of months or so using SyncBackSE (straight backup) not just a straight copy in windows, and the data on each drive is only changed by it's owner so all the data should be an exact copy.

problem -- Flac files are losing the data from the "date" field.  After sync, all FLAC files from the other library don't contain data in the "date" field.  This makes sense to me because I figured the "date" data was stored in the library rather than the tag.  Within each of our systems, we both have multiple computers running the same library (kind of).  My library files are copied directly to my second library on a different computer, so would assume that the "date" data is copied as well.  I don't copy play stat and playlist fields however.  My friend' also has two computers he runs his library from.  He does not copy his library over, he does an individual import on each computer.  The same drive is mapped to both computers.  In both his libraries his FLAC files show the "date" field properly as well.

Despite the difference in our methods of keeping 2 libraries each, FLAC files that we receive from each other don't contain the "date" data.  So the question is, where is this "date" data saved?  and, is there a setting or something that will enable our FLAC's to transport the "date" data, AND/OR is there anyway to combine this data without creating a new tag field and migrating data to it?

Hope this makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

bbuckeye

• Recent member
Re: FLAC "Date" tag problem in multiple libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:30:12 am »

I should add that I'm using v12 final and my friend is using the latest v14.  Problem is we dont' know if this problem started when he went to 14 or not, or if it even matters.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: FLAC "Date" tag problem in multiple libraries
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:36:47 am »

There have been FLAC tagging changes and improvements since v12.  I don't think you'll be able to share tags perfectly between the versions.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up