INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Execute external program upon Zone change  (Read 953 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Execute external program upon Zone change
« on: December 13, 2009, 04:37:11 pm »

Hi!

Is there a way to automatically execute a file/program when switching to specific Zone?

The reason I ask is that my living room speakers are hooked up to zone 2 on my Yamaha receiver (this has nothing to do with the zones in MC), and the receiver can only play analog sources to other zones than the main zone, which means my PC will have to output sound through the analog outputs when I watch movies in the living room. When playing audio/video in my home theater, I use the HDMI digital connection from my PC.

So. I've set up MC so it switches between the onboard sound card for Zone 2 (living room) and ATI HDMI output for Zone 1 (home theater). For audio files it works fine, but when I watch movies I have to do one more thing, open the AC3 Filter dialogue and tick/untick Use S/PDIF. I've made a couple of registry files that takes care of it, so it would be swell if MC could launch the appropriate file when switching zones, thereby automatically telling AC3 Filter to use/not use digital output.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Execute external program upon Zone change
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:51:37 am »

maybe it is an idea to switch zones via a batch file or something like that. how you switch zones? with a remote or keyboard?
there is an mcc command for switching zones and you could combine that with a way to launch the file?

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up