INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod nano 5th Gen support  (Read 2212 times)

Jasperm

• Recent member
ipod nano 5th Gen support
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:34:02 am »

Hi - I'm a bit confused about ipod support.  I just got a 5th gen nano, and got the error that has come up here a lot - with MC saying ipod can't be identified.  I have the latest version of MC 13.  Is this supported by MC13?

I'm frankly not wanting to update to MC14, because I've paid for updates of the last 3 versions, and each time run into errors that make it impossible to use the program for one thing or another, unless I upgrade still again.  It ends up feeling like I'm paying for bug fixes more than features, which I don't need.  I installed MC 13 on my home Vista network, hoping to use the media server feature, but that crashes, too.  

Is it possible for MC13 to support this?

Michael

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ipod nano 5th Gen support
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 12:23:43 pm »

I'm sorry, but if you buy a new iPod, you may have to update MC.  

There are a lot of reasons that you may have a crash.  Try the "Stability" link in my signature.

Jasperm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:22:03 pm »

Well, you know, I've been using photoshop elements for years, and I don't need to buy a new version of the raw converter every time a new camera comes out.  They constantly issue free updates to support the latest cameras.  One should pay for upgrades to get new features, not to be able to connect to the latest model of mp3 player.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:25:08 am »

This is probably a moot point since the 5th gen nano (the one with the camera) has been locked down by apple so we couldn't write to it if we wanted to.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54365.0

Jasperm

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:47:56 am »

Oh! Did not know this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up