INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Req] More Radio Stations  (Read 1416 times)

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
[Req] More Radio Stations
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:30 pm »

I've been using the "Play Radio..." feature and I have to say I love it. There are two things I like to request...

1) Get rid of the pop-up dialogue when I "Play Radio"
2) The ability to create "stations" so I don't have to  use the "Import/Export" options every time I feel like listening to something different.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [Req] More Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 08:07:36 am »

If you right-click on a single song, and choose More Play Options -> Play As Radio you will avoid the pop-up and the "radio" will use that song as a seed, so that (in theory) the songs that follow will be similar in some way to that first song. If you skip some songs, then the radio algorithm should skip songs that are similar to the skipped song.

Personally, I like to have the option of the pop-up dialog since you can limit the songs that Radio chooses from using the "Edit Radio Files" search wizard.

I do agree the radio could use some fine tuning, such as allowing saved searches (as "stations" per se) and specifying what fields are used in the algorithm, so that for example a custom field could be used as part of the algorithm. As it is now, I still prefer to spend an extra minute to make a quick playlist rather than use the radio feature. I spend more time trying to get it to not irritate me in the long run...

-JB

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:54:29 pm »

I was thinking with a little bit more work "Play Radio..." could replace most if not all of my smartlists.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:43 am »

I was thinking with a little bit more work "Play Radio..." could replace most if not all of my smartlists.
maybe a setting on the smartlist, play as radio. and just before somebody says it, no radio is not the same as random.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up