INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Smartlists vs iTunes Smart Playlists  (Read 1814 times)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
MC Smartlists vs iTunes Smart Playlists
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:39:57 pm »

I've got an iPod Classic 160 which I use with MC 13 (the last revision of 13). I've never used iTunes with my iPod, only MC. I had heard that iTunes-generated smart playlists will automatically refresh on the iPod without syncing, whereas MC's smartlists are static and only refreshed upon sync. For example, if you create an iTunes smart playlist that picks 20 random songs with playcount=0, as you play the smart playlist it will automatically add new tracks already on the iPod. Is that correct? If I'm misunderstanding this, is there in fact no difference between MC smartlists and iTunes smart playlists?

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: MC Smartlists vs iTunes Smart Playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:04:59 pm »

I can't speak for the iPod Classic, but my iPhone's smartlists change on the go (obviously I sync the iPhone with iTunes).

MC's smartlist functionality is far more powerful, but it's static once it gets on your iPod.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Smartlists vs iTunes Smart Playlists
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:35:35 pm »

MC's smartlist functionality is far more powerful, but it's static once it gets on your iPod.

This is correct.  This is because of Apple.  They want you to have to use iTunes so that they can sell you songs/movies/etc through the store.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up