INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library position  (Read 2446 times)

Mantara

• Recent member
Library position
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:52:02 am »

Hi,

if I doubleklick on a music file, MC14 change to another window. But if I go back to the library, MC14 doesnīt show last position only the first album in my library. Is it possible to save the last position?

Thx...

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Libary position
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:55 am »

what could help is setting the behaviour in options>general>behaviour>jump on play (audio), to none.
also i do think the back button on your keyboard or alt&left arrow or the arrow left above the files in mc, works. but maybe that depends from where you come.

:)
gab

Mantara

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:36 am »

@ gappie

thx for the quick answer. Iīve checked this function, but it does not solve my problem. With the free-version MC12, it has functioned perfectly and I donīt have to scroll down everytime to the last album.

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:40:17 am »

Odd, if you follow gappie's instructions you shouldn't jump to the playing now window after double clicking a file. And I'm having no problems using the back button (in MC), keyboard shortcut (ALT + LEFT ARROW) or the back button on my mouse to get to the last view.

Can you post what you have under Options > General > Behavior

Mantara

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 04:23:30 am »

Odd, if you follow gappie's instructions you shouldn't jump to the playing now window after double clicking a file..

You have not understood me. I want to open the "playing now" window. Only the "back-function" disturbs me, because it getīs to first entry of the library and NOT to the last played album??? Therefore, I had to scroll down, down, down  :(

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 04:54:26 am »

I think I know what your talking about. I don't think MC will do this. And I don't remember MC ever doing this because I navigate differently (Panes).

Work around for this is to use panes to navigate (instead of scrolling down) and when you use the back button it will go to the last pane position.

You can turn off jump on play like gappie said and use tabs or split view. This will allow you to quickly access Playing Now. I use both.

Mantara

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 05:10:17 am »

I don't think MC will do this. And I don't remember MC ever doing this because I navigate differently (Panes).

Hmmm...a few weeks ago I used MC12 and everytime I switch to the library and back, the last position/album was saved.

gappie

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:19:59 am »

Hmmm...a few weeks ago I used MC12 and everytime I switch to the library and back, the last position/album was saved.
i guess you should try to be more clear.. i set my playback options for audio to jump to playing now, i double click on a song far at the bottom, playing now opens. then i hit back (alt & Left arrow) and im back in the list on the song i just doubleclicked, the last position. i tried with different views.

so as 221bbs asked: Can you post what you have under Options > General > Behavior
and then under doubleclick options and jump on play (audio) specificly.
and from where in the library you start, a playlist or a view and how does the view look (does it have panes).

:)
gab

Mantara

• Recent member
Re: Library position
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 08:43:57 pm »

@ gappie

I work with "standardview", no change or "skinning" or something like this.

Start at Music/Album view ==> scroll down and doubleclick on a song (e.g. Chris Brown) ==> change automatically to "Now Playing" ==> click on the "back function" ==> return to  Music/Album view...not to "Chris Brown" but to the first position/first Album e.g. 2Pac.

Options > General > Behavior ==>  substitute playlist with all titles (my translation because is not the english version)
doubleclick options and jump on play ==> now playing

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library position
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 07:29:33 pm »

If you navigate back with the Back command (Backspace, mouse button, back toolbar button), all view state should be preserved like scroll position, etc.

If you navigate back by clicking in the tree, it will be a fresh start at the view.

We work like a web browser in this regard.

With that said, I think there may be a bug with the current build that prevents view state preservation when using the Back command.  Please try a newer build when it is made available in a week or two.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up