INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create and Update Libarary Server Playlists from Clients  (Read 1709 times)

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
Create and Update Libarary Server Playlists from Clients
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »

Currently using MC13 but I'm happy to upgrade to MC14 if it fixes my problem. 
I have searched the forum and read topics on Client/Server issues but not sure about MC14 on playlists.

My setup is:
PC1 runs MC13 Library Server
PC2 connects to PC1 through MC13's 'Search For Library Servers'. 
Laptop connects to PC1 through MC13's 'Search For Library Servers'. 

I connect using this method because I need the instant playback that streaming large music files gives me over my wireless connection.

I want the ability to create or update playlists that are 'downloaded' to the clients from the server and for those changes to be updated on the server playlists.  Currently any changes are lost.

Does MC14 have this built in or is their a workaround?

Thanks,
Nicholas

LGV40, Samsung Tab S7+ & Sony WH1000XM4 = some peace in the chaos.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Create and Update Libarary Server Playlists from Clients
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »

I'm not sure it's the answer to your dreams, but please take a look at the Tremote feature of MC14.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:46:04 am »

I think it does. It definitely syncs playlist and tag changes. Not sure if it syncs new playlists or new tag fields created on a client though.

Currently you have to do the sync manually before you close MC or change library. They said they would improve that eventually though.

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:15:03 am »

I'm not sure it's the answer to your dreams, but please take a look at the Tremote feature of MC14.

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid that isn't what I'm after.  I run a teaching business with multiple rooms and teachers where we play music examples to students a lot.  I run the media server in my study upstairs where I also listen, rip and manage etc.  Throwing together a playlist in preparation for a lesson makes choosing repertoire fast and efficient.  Just such a fantastic use of technology in my business actually.  However, at the moment playlists can only be created and persisted at the server which is inaccessible to my other teachers.  They (and I) need to be able to do this from the clients.  I can't tell you how much I would love this feature.  If it's possible to put it on your upcoming feature list then that would just be fantastic.

Thanks,
Nicholas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:07:47 am »

I'm afraid that isn't what I'm after.  I run a teaching business with multiple rooms and teachers where we play music examples to students a lot.  I run the media server in my study upstairs where I also listen, rip and manage etc.  Throwing together a playlist in preparation for a lesson makes choosing repertoire fast and efficient.  Just such a fantastic use of technology in my business actually.  However, at the moment playlists can only be created and persisted at the server which is inaccessible to my other teachers. 
If you give them Tremote access, it should work.  It requires a manual sync to save on the server before closing the session.

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 03:11:54 am »

Hi Jim,

I must misunderstand the tremote because I can't see the fit.  Could you explain how I would make this fit my requirements or point me to a help file?

Cheers,
Nicholas
Pages: [1]   Go Up