INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin question  (Read 1314 times)

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
Skin question
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:00 pm »

How do I make the vertical splitter 1 pixel width.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Skin question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:14:10 pm »

If you look in the skin directory, you can find the art pieces that make up the skin.  You may be able to find and replace the splitter.  I'm not certain.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:20:37 am »

I've just done this for a skin I'm working on, I wonder if we're on the same project!!

If you simply edit the splitter image to be 1 pixel wide, you'll find (if you haven't already) that the skinning engine forces the splitter to be at least as wide as the little triangles...

The answer is in the XML file.
You need to find the section that deals with the splitter (the whole section, not the single line under MainFrame) and add the line: <Data DefaultSize="1" />

The only problems, for me, are, this also forces the horizontal splitter to 1 pixel high, and makes this area of the skin a little fiddly and hard to hit with the mouse.

-marko

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:48:16 am »

I think, if I am at the right place at the document, I have allready done this.
Here is what it says:

<SPLITTER>
    <Data DefaultSize="1" />
    <Entry Name="HorizontalBackground" Bitmap="Splitter_Background_H.png" Margins="1,1,1,1" DrawMode="REGION_E_HSTRETCH,REGION_E_VSTRETCH" />
    <Entry Name="VerticalBackground" Bitmap="Splitter_Background_V.png" Margins="1,1,1,1" DrawMode="REGION_E_HSTRETCH,REGION_E_VSTRETCH" />
    <Entry Name="HorizontalHandle" Bitmap="Splitter_Horizontal.png" Margins="1,1,1,1" DrawMode="REGION_E_HTILE,REGION_E_VTILE" />
    <Entry Name="VerticalHandle" Bitmap="Splitter_Vertical.png" Margins="1,1,1,1" DrawMode="REGION_E_HTILE,REGION_E_VTILE" />
  </SPLITTER>

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:20:02 am »

I've just had a closer look at your screenshot and can confirm I'm seeing the same as you.

Setting the default splitter size to one pixel works fine within views, but has no affect on the splitter drawn between two views, regardless of whether they are in "Rows" or "Columns" configuration.

Which leads me to the conclusion that, at this point in time, the answer to your question is "No"

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd like an almost invisible line between two separate views. Are you sure it's a good idea?

-marko.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 03:50:36 am »

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah it will work for me, I allways have my window like this, so I can drag songs to "Playing now"
maybe the splitter size isnt that important it is after all just cosmetic, but all other lines I have i my screen is 1 pixel width, so I liked the idea to have all lines the same width.

--T
Pages: [1]   Go Up