INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bantam progress  (Read 946 times)

Steve

Bantam progress
« on: July 03, 2002, 09:44:51 am »

FYI Bantam lovers....

I received a note from Bantam today that said they are interested in trying to move forward with getting us what we need to build a Plug-in. I am not sure if it is the CNET review or the gentle prodding of MJ customers that has prompted this, but it is welcome news. I will post more as I know it

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
RE:Bantam progress
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 12:44:56 pm »

Here's what they sent to me today. My original text available upon request.

Dear Matt:

We have been back and forth on this issue since March and I am sorry you are losing faith in Bantam.  We are researching options with Media Jukebox and MusicMatch, however, information on the status of these projects are not something we make public or that we disclose to customers no matter how much they expound on their dissatisfaction.  

On the subject of our web site, we are in the process of redesigning it and will be adding three new models for release in September.  They are the BA800 (which you already know about and have already said you are not interested), the BA200 and the BA1000.  The BA1000, especially, is so awesome and I know you will be interested in this but at this time I cannot say why because we are not ready or willing to release the specific features and options of this model.   The new web site will be up the end of August and, hopefully, you will find a moment to check it out and see what we have coming up.

In closing we would like to impress upon you that Bantam is not a "blank face".  On the contrary, knowing what we have in the works for 2003 & 2004 is so exciting and innovative we are positive it will win awards once again and further establish Bantam as a leader in the arena of High Technology.

Have a great holiday weekend!

[Bantam employee name omitted]
Severian

Chuck

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 10:37:38 am »

Haven't they ever heard of NDAs at Bantam Interactive?

TWilly

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 05:33:25 pm »

According to this guy at Bantam, you may have more waiting.

I sent an e-mail to Bantam.  Here is the thread:

Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 3:58 PM
Subject: RE: Media Jukebox Support?

We do not have any support for Media Jukebox nor do we have any plans to add support at this time.

Stan Snyder
Bantam Interactive Technologies, Inc.
"Audio with Vision"
(314) 802-0132, Ext. 2389
Fax: (314) 802-0133
Web: www.bantamusa.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 6:48 PM
To: TechLine
Subject: Media Jukebox Support?

Hi.  I own a BA350 (love it!), but I use Media Jukebox as my, well, media…jukebox… and I’d REALLY like for it to be able to interact with the BA350.  Do you have a plug-in for them?

naven|PLS|r|PLS|johnson

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 12:13:04 am »

I must be naive. I can not understand Bantam's reluctance. What is the down-side of allowing a MJ plug-in?  The BA350 is a swell little player that would surely appeal to a wider market if it worked smoothly with a powerful and popular tool like MJ.  What am i missing?

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2002, 01:27:22 am »

Try hitting the marketing department rather than the tech line. Not that the results produced will get any better, but they're at least politer. Also, they seemed to wake up a little bit when I hit them there; their letter to Steve happened the very next day. It seemed a bit much to believe purely coincidental.
Severian

Steve

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2002, 05:53:38 am »

Y'all are the best. Thanks for fighting the good fight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up