INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Crash  (Read 1055 times)

highwebl

• Recent member
Strange Crash
« on: July 03, 2002, 09:32:19 am »

Any suggestions on this? (ver 8 downloaded this morning on WinXP).

I go into Media File Properties dialog box and select the image tab.  I do a Get from internet for an images.  I save.  I close the window and I get an error message that closes MJ.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Strange Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 09:55:42 am »

I can't duplicate this.  Are you storing the image in the file?

What file type?

What version of MJ?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

highwebl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 11:45:56 am »

I am saving JPEGs in the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\Cover Art" directory.  I believe I am using 8.0.317.  

The application seems "sluggish" when I press the save button.  If I then try to close the dialog, I get the generic WinXP error box.

Faulting application media jukebox.exe, version 8.0.317.0, faulting module media jukebox.exe, version 8.0.317.0, fault address 0x001268b7.

I understand that this could be a problem with my machine and nothing you can fix.  But thanks for helping.

highwebl

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 12:01:37 pm »

I may have an idea.  Does this seem like it may be right?

I think that there is a popup that is supposed to tell you which song is being saved.  On my copy, it was coming up behind the Media Files Properties dialog box (after song 1).  Because I didn't see the popup and thought that the operation was done, I attempted to close the dialog.  This is when I got the error.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 09:12:05 am »

This has happened several times to me now.  I'm using Media Jukebox to add ID3 tags to various MP3s and a few times I have closed the properties dialog window (the one with the "save" button) while the program was still saving tags.  Every time, the program has crashed.

Media Jukebox 8.0.318 running on Windows XP.

elgiby

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 09:47:08 am »

I'm having the same problem, using V8.0.318 on Windows ME.

Whenever I make changes to multiple files in file properties (anything from changing genre to adding cover art) and press save, the dialog box says it has saved track 1 -- and then closes. The first few times I assumed it was done and tried to close properties, and MJ crashed.

Because I'm saving to an external drive, I finally noticed that the busy light was still flickering; if I wait, the properties box eventually closes on its own without a crash, but there is no progress bar or dialog box to monitor the process.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.318
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1495 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 80 MB
Resource Info: System - 26 %, GDI - 43 %, User - 26 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

sekim

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2002, 10:10:10 am »

Jonas,

Do you have MJ skinned when this happens? If not , try it with a skin applied and see if that helps. This sounds like a problem someone else had. They discovered that the skinned MJ worked. Go figure??

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2002, 12:20:05 pm »

Yes, I use the Z skin.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2002, 12:46:03 pm »

I've reported this problem in the release thread.

The issue is that after you  press save you have to wait until MJ finishes (i.e the proprieties window will close on it's own and you will be back in the media library view)

MJ show a progress dialog just for a few entries, then the dialog disappers BUT the operation isn't finished yet.

I'm not sure what the inteded behaviour should be, but I think it should not be possible to close the panel until the operation is finished
So until this is fixed, the workaround is after a svae, to let the proprieties panal alone until it closes on it's own

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up