INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Certain menus Greyed out (not available)  (Read 2218 times)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
Certain menus Greyed out (not available)
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:19:57 am »

My new laptop using windows 7 now has media centre on as a client, media centre version 14.0.96
My server and clients to date, all on desktops using windows XP professional, all work satisfactorily.

Having already discussed with Jim H the problems with using the iPod I decided to use media centre to convert my files, they are all in FLAC, to mp3 while keeping the originals.  Opening both iTunes and the folder where the files are, dragging and dropping to the iPod.
Admittedly this is a long way to getting files on to the iPod, but at least it is satisfactory and it doesn't destroy my main library of FLAC files.

Unfortunately on the laptop various menus have been Greyed out (become not available).  i.e.  Analyse audio, record sound, convert files, etc. etc..
An initial check of the media centre set up showed me it was in "party mode", so I corrected that to standard view.  This did not corrected the problem.

Until I can make these menu's available I cannot use the laptop computer to do the conversion work that the other computers will do, which makes things rather inconvenient. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you   :)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: Certain menus Greyed out (not available)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:36:51 am »

First of all i would update to the latest version of MC14, it fixed all of my problems with being able to sync my tunes directly to a 8GB 3rd generation Nano.

Just click sync and drag and drop tunes onto the ipod within MC14.

Greyed out menu options are only greyed out if what your trying to do isn't related to the option I believe.

Make sure that you have both .flac and .mp3 as file extensions that MC14 looks for.

TC  :)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:21 am »

First of all i would update to the latest version of MC14, it fixed all of my problems with being able to sync my tunes directly to a 8GB 3rd generation Nano.

as far as I was aware this was the latest version of mc14?  All of my desktop PCs and a laptop PC we are talking about are the same version, otherwise there would not be able to talk to each other.  My wife's  iPod is one of these iPod Touch 8 GB third generation items.  Not a nano, and that was exactly the problem that JimH was telling me about?  

Just click sync and drag and drop tunes onto the ipod within MC14.

I agree the above, and works with most handheld devices, as my wives all the handheld was a Hewlett Packard which works perfectly well as you described above.  But as I found out and as JimH discussed with me the iPod just will not work with ensuite 14?  

Greyed out menu options are only greyed out if what your trying to do isn't related to the option I believe.[/quote]
I don't really understand this comment.  I have locked in the options section, at all of the tree entries and don't see any relevant comment?  

Make sure that you have both .flac and .mp3 as file extensions that MC14 looks for.

yes both .flac and .MP3 are listed as automatic in file associations.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:59:51 am »

Insert the quote and end quote above and below what you want to quote (without spaces).

[ quote ]
what he said
[ \quote ]
what you want to say

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:35:59 am »

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that JimH, but hopefully you will understand my green font  replies to the comments made.  With  you may have some answers to the questions.

I have just updated in all of the computers to version 14.0.118 in the attempt to solve the problem.  But did not work...BUT in checking the client computers I did notice that the various menu options are Greyed out on all the clients.  So the problem applies to the more.

Please note that because of an increased inability to type (ill health condition) I am trying to learn to use voice recognition software, so my apologies for any grammatical mistakes.

Banking due for any help in this situation.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:43:42 am »

I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that JimH, but hopefully you will understand my green font  replies to the comments made.  With  you may have some answers to the questions.

Just use the [ quote ] and [/quote] around each section you quote (but remove the spaces).  Your quote and unquote are at the beginning and end of the entire post.

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:23 am »

Just use the [ quote ] and  around each section you quote (but remove the spaces).  Your quote and unquote are at the beginning and end of the entire post.

hopefully ive corrected that now.

Although you have move this to be iPod section, I don't think it's really relates to that section.  I think it is more an issue to do with the client/s being able to use all the menu's available and not having some of them Greyed out.

Thanks again for any help you may be able to give.
Pages: [1]   Go Up