INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing music from Computer through Hi Fi system  (Read 730 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
Playing music from Computer through Hi Fi system
« on: July 03, 2002, 01:34:09 am »

Can anyone explain to me how I can link my computer to my stereo so I can listen to MP3s.
Thanks
nlc
nlc

Tinitus

RE:Playing music from Computer through Hi Fi system
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 02:10:35 am »

Just get a cable with a 3,5mm jack plug in one end and two line plugs in the other.
I am sure u can by it in any Radio Shack.
Connect the jack to your pc and the line plugs to your amp's cd or auxillary diddo

john

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 06:23:10 pm »

Some folks prefer a link to the stereo via the USB, and claim they get better results that way.  I hook up through a Stereo-Link, and I like the results, but I have not compared it to a Radio Shack adapter to the sound card so who's to say for sure.  Someday, when I figure out what's what, I'd like to have my stereo receiver connect to my computer via an in-home network, but that is beyond my technical capability at present.

John

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 06:46:35 pm »

I had mine hooked to the sound card and was getting a lot of noise from the fan and the hard drive. I got a Stereo-Link and no more problems. Good clean noise-free sound. Try the Sound card to amplifier direct connect first. If that is satisfactory to you, you're there. If not, look further. Just in case:
http://www.stereo-link.com/
They are good people with a great product.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Tinitus

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 08:56:22 pm »

>> I had mine hooked to the sound card and was getting a lot of noise from the fan and the hard drive

Well - i guess it depends on your system. I have to put on my headphones and turn the amp up loud to hear any noice from the pc.

And i dont even have an expensive soundcard. I'm still using the onboard 128SB and it sounds like a million.

I checked out the stereo link and it looks very nice but also a bit expensive at $150 when u have to compare to $10 radio shack cable.

(maybe my stereo demands are just not as high as yours)
Pages: [1]   Go Up