INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: print library??  (Read 955 times)

cdrmaker

print library??
« on: July 02, 2002, 09:37:32 pm »

I would like to print a list of my library. When I hit the print function I only get song titles. I don't get Artist, or album info.
Is there a way to have all this printed???

nila

RE:print library??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 01:20:04 am »

The best way I can think of would be to export the details you want to a text file then copy and paste the whole text file into MS Word so you can print the list with the formatting you want.
That way you can choose which fields you want etc.

Tinitus

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 02:14:04 am »

Just select the songs u want printed in the media library. Then go to the file menu and choose print.
If u want all the info on the paper u might want to set your printer to landscape.

shelly

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 10:36:48 am »

Your printed list will display those fields that you've selected to be visible in your playlist.  Additionally, you can export your list to an html or txt file which you can then open in other program, such as Excel.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 11:05:44 am »

There a few ways to print MJ library:

1. Select files you want to print. go to File->Print
2. Select files you want to print. Go to File->Export Playlist. Select HTML as output format.  Print HTML page.
3. Select files you want to print. Press Ctrl|PLS|C, paste result into your favorite editor (Word, Notepad, Excel), print from there

Nikolay

cdrmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2002, 01:06:23 am »

I Tried to both copy and export info. from library to notepad. I got the info, but it was very garbled and run togeathr. there has gpot to be ways to print neat reports from MJ

shelly

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2002, 05:57:30 am »

cdrmaker,

The print and export functions normally produce clear and well formatted reports.  Both will reproduce whatever fields you are viewing, so you might try reducing the number of fields in your playlist.  For example, my html files only include Artist, Album, Track, Name, and Year.  Also, increase the width of your columns so that all data is visible.  Your html file will word wrap each of your columns so that all of the data can be displayed, but printed reports will truncate each column.  Also, as you increase the size of the window displaying the html file, each of the columns will grow proportionately.  

Shelly

sekim

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2002, 06:18:27 am »

You can also use 'Statistics' to print out album and artist info.

cdrmaker

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2002, 03:22:01 pm »

Thanks Guys (and lady) The HTML print is perfect
joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up