INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art for video files  (Read 2527 times)

james_smith1976

• Recent member
Cover art for video files
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »

I'm probably missing something straightforward, but...

With ripped DVDs (bunch of VOB file/IFO files etc. inside a VIDEO_TS folder) how can I get MC to display cover art? With music I place the album art in the same folder as the tracks and name it folder.jpg - no issues here.

With my DVDs I've used the folder convention, Film Title (e.g. "Batman")/VIDEO_TS/VOB Files (e.g. "VTS_01_0.VOB" etc.). There seem to be two issues. Firstly, instead of MC showing a nice list of the Film Title folders and playing the film when they're selected, it also shows the VIDEO_TS folder underneath, which you have to click to start the film - maybe this is necessary but it seems a shame the film can't be started by double clicking on, e.g. "Batman" and for VIDEO_TS to be hidden.

Secondly when I use 'Quick Find In File...' on the VIDEO_TS folders, the cover art does not show in the 'Image' columns. It's found because when I hover over the VIDEO_TS folder it shows the image in the file summary pop-up. It also shows up correctly in the tag propeties, although interestingly the 'Image File' field in the tag is locked (no editing). Also in the cover art sub menu (right-click on VIDEO_TS folder) there's no 'Get From Internet Option' - is this normal?

Any advice for how I should structure the files/how I can solve the cover art issue?

Thanks in advance!

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art for video files
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:52 am »

When I import a DVD I just open the VIDEO_TS folder in Windows Explorer, right click the VIDEO_TS.ifo file and select Media Center -> Import. Alternatively, right click the folder the DVD is in and do the same (easier if I wanna import multiple DVDs at once). Once imported, I rename each entry in MC from VIDEO_TS to the name of the movie. Then I right click, select Cover Art -> Add from file...

I keep all my cover art in one folder.

When importing like this, I can just play a DVD like any other video file, and it opens the disc like any DVD player. (With the warnings, menu etc. unless you remove that when you rip the DVDs.)

Sometimes when importing DVDs by right clicking the folder instead of the VIDEO_TS.ifo, I get two entries in MC, one is the VIDEO_TS and the other is a cryptic number code, and under file name it says Unknown disc or something like that. That entry I just delete, because I just get an error trying to play it. (Remember you have to go into a library view under video to delete it, not just from the Recently Imported playlist.)

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up