INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible bug affecting taskbar in Windows 7  (Read 2384 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Possible bug affecting taskbar in Windows 7
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »

Hi,

I'm experiencing a bug in Windows 7 that permanently hides the taskbar so I have to minimize all windows to get it to show up again. I've configured it so it disappears, and reappears when I touch the bottom of the screen with the mouse pointer. The problem is when it doesn't reappear when I bring the mouse pointer down, and after minimizing all windows and restoring them, it's back to normal, for a little while.

I just did a system reinstall, and I noticed that this bug didn't appear until I installed MC14 (build 131). So I'm wondering if it maybe has to do with the directx components getting installed by the MC installer or something. As you know Windows 7 has dx11 built in and shouldn't need any further directx components installed, or??

I just wanted to mention it, in case the MC installer doesn't check what's already installed in the system and maybe installs older components over newer ones already installed in the OS. Or maybe it's something else causing the mentioned bug. Anyway it's SUPER annoying, and it seems to me MC may be somehow causing it. Anyone else experiencing it?

I'm using 32 bit Windows 7.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re: Possible bug affecting taskbar in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:07:08 pm »

I know that Daemon Tools causes many problems with the task bar in Win 7. I can confirm that on at least three computers and it's a known issue. Any chance you are using it?

audunth

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:47 am »

No, not using Daemon Tools. It never happens if MC isn't running.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:43:16 am »

As you know Windows 7 has dx11 built in and shouldn't need any further directx components installed, or??

I just wanted to mention it, in case the MC installer doesn't check what's already installed in the system and maybe installs older components over newer ones already installed in the OS.
MC checks the version of DirectX that is installed before installing anything.

audunth

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:56:55 am »

Okay, then it's probably not a DirectX problem, but it still seems to be a MC problem/bug, since it never happens if MC is not running. Anyone else experience this?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

brak_brak

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:26:03 pm »

I've been experiencing something similar since at least MC 12, both under WinXP and now under Win7.  I haven't noticed that it "disappeared," just that the taskbar doesn't pop up when the mouse gets to the bottom of the screen.  Maybe it's been hiding behind windows all this time and I didn't notice.  I compensate by pressing the Windows key to bring up the Start Menu and the taskbar, then Esc to make it go away.  That usually clears up the problem. 

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:39:16 am »

For statistic - I'm using latest DT Pro on my desktop Win7x64 and server 2008R2x64 without any problems with taskbar. MC14 of course is also installed)

kurushi

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:15 am »

Hi , i had this problem in win7 specially when i was turn on standbyemode (manually with the button of my monitor)
i had installed daemon tools and MC14.But for now the problem is gone all work fine since 2 month but i haven't do anything (appear win7 updates).
So good luck cause i know it's annoying (windows key doesn't worked in my case ,everytime i had needed to reboot).

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:21 am »

I've just realised I'm seeing this in Vista 32 on my work machine.
It happens when MC is in fullscreen, and then i hit minimize.
I don't think it happens with my home machine. If I figure out anything more I will add it here.
Like the user above I just press the windows key to get it to pop up.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 09:47:21 am »

ive been seeing it also with xp as long as i can remember. i also just click the windows key..

:)
gab

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 11:08:14 am »

Windows Live Messenger exhibits the same problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up