INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program guide from OTA signal only displays program start times  (Read 1257 times)

ykkim

Program guide from OTA signal only displays program start times
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:32 am »

Hello.
I'm testing JRiver Mediacenter for TV.
The problem is that when I select load program guide by over the air(OTA) signal, it's only show TV program start time data after load completion and there is no program title, description.  ?
While load program guide by OTA signal, there was no error message and looks normal.
I tried mc2xml option and I can see all of program guide data - program start time, title, description - after load program guide completion.
All other functions are working well such as watching TV, recording etc.

How can I make all of proram guide data displayed by load program guide from OTA signal in mediacenter?
For your information, I attached my testing environment below,

- TV tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
- JRiver Mediacenter version: 14.0.0121
- Testing location: South Korea (ATSC EPG data contains Korean character, It's double byte code)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Proram guide by OTA signal only display program starting times
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:01:11 am »

OTA scanning works for me here in the US.  The program names are obtained, though the descriptions often are not.  The scanned data often is not complete due to signal weakness.  OTA EPG scan is not reliable because it depends on the quality of signal.  It is therefore much better to use mc2xml if it is available.

- Testing location: South Korea (ATSC EPG data contains Korean character, It's double byte code)

This could be part of the problem.  We probably have not dealt with unicode characters in programming info properly.  If that is indeed the case, I would expect you see some random characters in the Program name field.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ykkim

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:59:09 pm »

Yaobing, Thanks for your reply.
But there is no character at all in program name and description field(all blank and no random character) when I done OTA EPG loading.
It just show program starting times.

I hope the live OTA EPG data displayed perfectly in JRiver MediaCenter to make it complement internet EPG data.

Please let me know if you need further information to confirm the exact reason of this problem.

ykkim

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:58:27 pm »

These are screen captures for your confirm.

- EPG loading by OTA

- EPG loading by mc2xml

As you can see, OTA EPG load only showing program starting time(but there is one program name showing above screen that is captured today, I don't know why this program name only displayed today.)

Will you going to fix this problem by patch or in the next version if it's program bug?
Pages: [1]   Go Up