INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with "Renaming Files From Properties"  (Read 529 times)

Tinitus

Problems with "Renaming Files From Properties"
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:46:26 pm »

(I moved this from another string "Media Jukebox 8.0.316 available" - sorry i had to leave this yesterday but im wrighting from Copenhagen Denmark and not "all times are CST" arround here :o) )

The problem is:
When i try to rename files from properties MJ returns an error message saying something like "the file(s) are in use, read-only or tagging has been disabled".

There is no problem when I try to just renaming the file(s) but when I try to also move the files into directories I get the error?

The files are not readonly and: "Options -> General -> Importing & Tagging -> Update tags when file info changes" are checked.

Here is what i do:

1. I right-click a file and choose properties.

2. In the properties dialog I select “Tools” and choose “Rename files from properties”.

3. Then I get the dialog “Rename files using files properties”.

4. Now, the funny thing is that if I leave the directories box unchecked and only use file-renaming everything works just dandy – but then when I try to also move the file(s) all I get is complaining and error dialogs.

This i what i put in the dialog (I dont leave any fields empty and this is only some of the default options):

Directory Rule and Base path: ARTIST\ALBUM

Filename Rule: ARTIST - NAME

The goal of all this is to batch rename and or move a bunch of files.

I have done this a million (well - maybe just hundreds) times before in my old OS (win2k) and with previous versions of MJ. But I went and installed WinXP and MJ 8.0.316 on my brand new 80 gig HD and since that i have had all the problems mentioned above.

?

Tinitus

RE:Problems with
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 08:12:55 pm »

Please forget this string - I left the "Base Path" empty - thanks Nikolay!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up