INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many Questions With TheaterView... Views, Crashing, Tweaking, Artist Text?  (Read 1837 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

1. being the toolbar is so small in theaterview is there a keyboard shortcut that will bring up the artist cover and song in bottom right corner at any given time with a keyboard shorcut?  i use gforce alot and when a new song plays it always show the cover art and artist and song in bottom right hand corner. is there away to make this happen at anytime with a keyboard shortcut?

2. how many of you kill explorer.exe on your htpc's? so that only jriver is up and running? possible? pro's cons of it?

3. this is my first time with a dedicated htpc....  what kind of tweaks have you all done? any usggestions?
How many of you are using a third party app (maybe jriver does this and im unaware of it?) where if jriver crashes it automatically reopens itself?  would something lie this work? are you guys using something diffrent? if jriver crashes on htpc.. program to auto restart it?  http://www.ghacks.net/2009/08/31/monitor-and-restart-crashed-windows-processes/

Images - under years.  how do i choose to show images by year for only certain folder and subfolders? when i choose set rules for file display i dont see where location root is?  reason being.... i dont care about the years of all my graphics pictures (which there are thousands being we are in design)  when i choose years i'd liek for it to only show us the years of our personal pics.. all our personal pics are on the server in folder with subfolders and that folder is named Personal pictures.... can i set up images years to only show our personal pics? how would i go about doing that?

Images - Under Places.  when i choose places after selecting something, how do i make them show up in groups by events instead of showing them all?  example... i goto images, i choose places then i choose minneapolis it shows me all pictures tagged with minneapolis all clumped together, can i make so that when i choose places, minneapolis it will show me them in groups, meaning winter carnival, metrodome, partying, josh's house etc.. then i can chose one of those groups and it will show me the pics from that event at that place.

Images - People.  same thing as listed above except.... when i choose people after selecting  a person how do i make them show up as events then dates, then all the files from those events?

Images - Events... same thing as listed above except... When i choose events and then choose example roadtrips  how do i make it so it puts them in categories of where the roadtrips are from? so i can see where there from and then after selecting say AZ then it will show all AZ roadtrips pics?!

5. Do any of you guys have view for say pictures and videos together?
Example. halloween party mix would have all your scary pictures and scary videos you've made. and you could chose that like you chose audio,images,video, dvd, televison? and it woudl play that mix you made?
another Example all my pics and vids are tagged by name people places events.. if chose say jacks Birthday is it possible to have a playlist in theaterview that would play all those pics and vids from there birthday?

TY for any tips, info or suggestions.

HTPC4ME

6. i'm trying to setup a view in theaterview under audio.. i would like to add playlists there with the other ones that are available. i made a library item called it playlists but when i goto theaterview its not like the playlist that are on homescreen.  so i tried to go back into settings and copy the settings for playlists. but it says there is no configuration for them... is there a way for me to move playlist from home screen and place inside audio? or copy it in there so i have playlists in audio and on home screen?

7. Possible to add our sleep timer plugin to theaterview? ive choose ad external program and then went to c program files jriver and searched for sleep timer. and nothing showed up. i also tried looking in plugins folder for sleep timer but i cant seem to find it?

8. also is it possible to make folder shortcuts in theaterview? i'd like to make a option to open certain folders whil ein theater view.. example notes. it would have a word pad in it for making notes and all notes would be saved in that folder.  i tried make external program didnt open the folder in theaterview i also tried command line and that didnt work either.

TY

gappie

so many questions.. and they are not all clear to me. 8)
to show images for only a certain folder, put for instance in the 'set rules for file display' of that view: filename starts with F:\this folder. and start the view with year.

for images with videoos. i use that just like the above. but you have to remember that a view in thv takes over the rules from the root. so when the root say to only show images, you never can get video in the views underneath it. just make sure you set the rules as late as possible, or as early as convenient.

for the images - under places. what you mean by showing up in groups? does it not work to just put event after places in the view?
same for  images - people, place events and date, or an expression grouping the date after that.

etc.

:)
gab

HTPC4ME

thanks for reply gappie. i'll elaborate. awww what would i do if you and rick.ca werent here. i'd be in trouble.. ty for the reply!

to show images for only a certain folder, put for instance in the 'set rules for file display' of that view: filename starts with F:\this folder. and start the view with year.
 i tried this but it doesnt show them?

for the images - under places. what you mean by showing up in groups? does it not work to just put event after places in the view?
same for  images - people, place events and date, or an expression grouping the date after that. [/quote] User error i figured it out.. i had not put it in the view. lol ty:)

out of curiosity gappie. when you setup your theater. did you set it up as its own library? or do you use search for library servers? i noticed on htpc search for library servers is FAST.. but thumbnails are not there right away it adds them as you scroll. i dont like that. i want the thumbs there as if it were its own library. is the only way to accomplish this is to have the htpc have its own library and have it get the files from the server\network?
Ty

Daydream

i noticed on htpc search for library servers is FAST.. but thumbnails are not there right away it adds them as you scroll.

Let's call it "on demand". The library (the file representing it) is of the order of Megabytes (unless you scanned 3 million files in it). It can be synced with little to no delay. The thumbnails "resources" so to speak - meaning the 3 files they are hold in to - can brake past 1 Gigabyte, depending what and how much you scan in your library. Syncing them beforehand will definitely alter the experience, for questionable reasons - i.e. one may browse 1% of his collection before picking up a movie and playing it or picking up that group of 100 pictures and not carrying about the rest of 25000.

HTPC4ME

ty for reply... so therefor if i have over mill files. i should make my own library so thumbs are there instantly? is that what im understanding?

ty

Daydream

Yes, that is a solution but you will have to always update both (or more) libraries whenever you change or add content. But I'm no expert to creative thinking of how one can play with the libraries so maybe somebody else knows better ways.

HTPC4ME

ok ty

i think if i use one machine to do all tagging and make sure all files are properly tagged, then the other pc. should show files properly as long as views are the same.

HTPC4ME

Finally got It Gappie :) TY

Pages: [1]   Go Up