INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Sorting - Odd Occurence  (Read 1958 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Theatre View Sorting - Odd Occurence
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

I have a library item under video that is a disc location.  All the videos show up as they are supposed to in addition there is an unassigned category.  It appears to have all my videos in it.  I have no unassigned (genre) videos.  So maybe I'm missing something but I assume the unassigned is referring to the genre. 

So to clarify I have a libary item set to c:....\my videos.  Then I have 3 folders that show up as they should with a fourth item called unassigned.

1) Why would unassigned show up when I don't have any unassigned videos
2) Why is a genre category showing up in a disc location specified view

I have deleted the view.  Restarted then entered back in and the same thing happens.

Odd no?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View Sorting - Odd Occurence
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »

No. ;)

The items that are included in a view are determined by "Rules for file display" and "Use parent scheme rules" (Customize View - Options - Advanced). If you haven't changed those settings, this view probably includes all the same items as the parent Video view. Categories determine how those items are grouped. If you've specified a disk location, then the items are at that location, or they are not. That is, the latter are not assigned to any of the categories you've specified.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:16:31 am »

Hmmm I see.  So the videos that are "unassigned" are not assigned to that disc location?  I'll check that setting out.

Thanks.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:27:30 pm »

Funny enought this is an old post but happened again.  I did go to custom view, advanced and unticked use parent schemer rules for display and it still occurs.

Am I missing something?

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:26 am »

"Unassigned" means not included in any of the specified categories. In this case, that means all videos in your library that are not located in c:\...\my videos. If you don't want to see those, include a Rule for file display that excludes them.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:19 pm »

I added rule for display that genre = x.  And x in this case are all the movies in that location meaning I have all my home movies in that disk location and they are all tagged "home movie" genre.  Unassigned still shows up though.

As a quick aside, I'm not quite sure of the programming logic here.  I have said I only what to see movies in a certain disk location and then the program adds all movies/  Seems odd to me but who am I?

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 11:23:41 pm »

I have said I only what to see movies in a certain disk location...

You "said" you would like to categorize movies by disk location, and then assumed the program would limit the selection according to the specific category chosen. That would not have been logical or desirable.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:02 am »

Roger that.  Can you explain why they are still showing up when I have genre = home movies?  That should limit to only home movies no?

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:48 am »

If that's your Rule for file display, then yes, you should only see files that match that criteria.
Pages: [1]   Go Up