INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.130 -- Available Here  (Read 3196 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.130 -- Available Here
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:05 am »

This is a beta version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140130.exe

14.0.130 (01/19/2010)

1. Changed: Digital television decoder selection is merged with jtv file decoder selection.
2. Fixed: Color control was not available on television's Display property page when digital television was playing.
3. Changed: DLNA renderer name changed to "hostname[:optional zone]"
4. Fixed: DLNA renderer discovery didn't work on Windows XP (no zones showed up in Playing Now).

14.0.129 (01/19/2010)

1. Fixed: In build 128, the on screen volume would blink every time a file started playback when using Internal volume.
2. Changed: The 'Playing Now' database location flag would not get cleared when a file was removed from Playing Now, causing problems with some Smartlists and SDK usage.
3. Fixed: JRSS v2.0 stereo to 4.0 mixing was not working properly (only applies to build 128).
4. Changed: Tuning of some JRSS surround sound mixing parameters.
5. Changed: Room Correction and Headphones DSP settings are stored per-zone like other DSP settings. (sorry, but settings will have to be reentered)
6. Fixed: DLNA server could use stock views instead of customization views from Options > DLNA.
7. Fixed: DLNA clients built using the Intel .NET UPnP stack would not show Media Center DLNA servers and renderers.
8. Changed: Simplified the warning message about Microsoft Audio Decoder and AC3 decoding.
9. NEW: Windows Media Player 12 can see Media Center's DLNA servers.
10. Changed: Improved formatting of dollar amounts in Performer store.

14.0.128 (01/18/2010)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
2. NEW: Improved Room Correction distance correction to include level changes based on relative speaker distances.
3. NEW: Added 'Mute', 'Solo', and 'Tone' options to Room Correction DSP.
4. Changed: Volume increment when using keyboard / remote hotkeys is 1% instead of 5%.
5. Changed: Renamed "Subwoofer cutoff" to "Subwoofer crossover" in Output Format DSP.
6. Changed: Renamed "Speakers" DSP to "Room Correction".
7. Changed: When the volume changes and the volume mode is set to "Internal", the on-screen-display will show the volume level just like when the volume is set to "Application" or "System".
8. Changed: The Microsoft audio decoder AC3 decoding warning now has a "Configure Playback (requires keyboard and mouse)" button, to let users change configuration which can then be applied the next time the same file type is played.

14.0.127 (01/15/2010)

1. Fixed: Subclarity could cause a thump to be output on initial startup of playback.
2. Changed: Renamed "Internal Volume (audio only)" to "Internal Volume" since it works with videos when doing analog output.
3. NEW: Added 7.1 support to DSP Studio > Output Format selection.
4. Fixed: 'Effects' DSP plugin did not properly report when the output format was not supported.
5. Fixed: When changing output formats, it was possible for a DSP plugin to report it was processing data even though it wasn't able to handle the new format.
6. NEW: 'Effects' DSP works with 4.0, 5.1, and 7.1 sound.
7. Changed: Tuned DSP Studio > Effects > Surround Field effect and naming.
8. Changed: The Microsoft audio decoder AC3 decoding warning is shown for television and video playback as well as DVD playback.
9. NEW: Added new Speakers DSP plugin.

14.0.126 (01/14/2010)

1. Optimized: Improved DLNA threading so that service and subscription threads get destroyed instead of waiting idle.
2. Optimized: Revised HTTP/1.1 pipe-lining code in all servers to require fewer threads in play during activity.
3. Fixed: WASAPI output plugin was showing up as a choice in the playback option on Windows XP systems.
4. Changed: When controlling other DLNA devices, full track metadata including cover art is provided.

14.0.125 (01/13/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA can expose zones as DLNA Renderers so that remote controls and other DLNA devices can control Media Center. (Options > DLNA > Renderer) (still under development)
2. Optimized: DLNA device discovery is better threaded and performs fewer network hits per found device.
3. Changed: When playing with Tremote or DLNA control, the position slider will move more smoothly.
4. Fixed: Some codecs (flac for example) were reported as "Unknown Media Type" in Compression field (build 124 only).
5. Changed: DLNA servers and renderers provide more formats of images for support in more devices.
6. Fixed: DLNA information packets didn't contain the DLNA namespace, causing parsing errors with some devices.
7. Optimized: Switched DLNA view to a dynamic-data list control for better performance.
8. Optimized: DLNA device control subscription renewal is handled by a background thread instead of the main thread.

14.0.124 (01/11/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA server supports container art and uses fanned thumbnails for file-list containers like Theater View.
2. NEW: Added full music, image, and video search support for DLNA server. (works with Western Digital, D-Link, etc.)
3. Changed: Compression field is available for video as well as audio.
4. NEW: Compression field is filled with codec info during import of video and audio that are played in DirectShow engine.
5. Fixed: ReClock Audio Renderer was not available for selection.

14.0.123 (01/08/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA views are customizable per server. (Options > DLNA > [Select server] > Customize views...)

14.0.122 (01/06/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA improvements -- renaming, integrated with main program options, control works with servers on any port, revised artwork, etc.
2. Fixed: Huge delay at startup for Silicondust HDHomerun and DNTV Live! Tiny USB2 BDA television tuners.
3. Changed: Removed cancel choice from performer store account menu, since 'change subscription' can do the cancel by choosing 'Purchase only'.
4. Changed: Doubled the number of songs shown for the "top songs" search.
5. Changed: Some logging adjustment to speed up television startup.

14.0.121 (01/05/2010)

1. Fixed: Playing audio and images at the same time could crash.
2. Fixed: Viewing the television view when it spanned from one year to the next could result in not all programs being shown.
3. Changed: If DirectShow fails to analyze mts and m2ts files, MC will still import them as video.
4. Changed: Improved internal structure of server foundation for better socket management, faster shutdown, and improved stability.
5. Changed: DLNA Control must be enabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features > DLNA.

14.0.120 (01/04/2010)

1. Fixed: Analog television audio rendering problem on some tuner devices when not in time-shifting mode.
2. Optimized: MC can better deal with occasional corrupt time-stamp data during playback of television time-shifting/recording files.
3. Fixed: UPnP server was passing the wrong file size for files > 2 gigs. Resulted in truncated playback on some UPnP renders.
4. Changed: UPnP server doesn't return resolution when asked unless it's non-zero.

14.0.119 (12/24/2009)

1. Changed: DirectShow DSP filter enumeration is moved to JRWorker and bad-behaving filters are black-listed, to avoid crashes caused by bad filters.
2. Internal: Reorganization of DLNA internals.

14.0.118 (12/23/2009)

1. Changed: When searching for controllable DLNA devices, devices appear as they're found instead of after the search completes.
2. Changed: When a zone is added or removed (i.e. DLNA device found) 'Playing Now' will be expanded in the tree to show the change.
3. Changed: Searching for DLNA devices happens periodically instead of only at startup.
4. Changed: When controlling a DLNA device, metadata is provided to the device for display during playback.

14.0.117 (12/22/2009)

1. NEW: DLNA devices will appear as zones and allow playing, stopping, and other remote control functionality with Media Center (requires DLNA device to support control interfaces; currently requires DLNA server running on port 2869)
2. Changed: Relaxed FLV Splitter downloading requirement, allowing the version installed with CCCP to be used.
3. Changed: UPnP server temporarily disable Container Art, was causing unnecessary network traffic with some devices if the container had no art.
4. Changed: UPnP server validate item art existence before passing it in Content Directories (see #3).

14.0.116 (12/21/2009)

1. Fixed: Audio tracks decoded using DirectShow filters, such as m4a, ac3, could not be burnt to audio CDs.
2. Changed: In video playback audio renderer list no longer includes WaveOut devices.
3. Fixed: Television could crash when MC tried to start scheduled recording (bug introduced in build 112).
4. Fixed: Since build 82 Record button in standard television view has been unavailable for a channel, if there were no EPG data associated with the channel.
5. Optimized: Improved XMLTV ID to television channel auto-matching algorithm.  The match rate is greatly improved. (ATSC only.)
6. Fixed: UPnP server, size passing in transcoding video content directory (resulted in playing stopping on some DLNA devices). Bug introduced in 14.0.114.
7. New: Separated images and video options in the UPnP server.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 14.0.130 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:26:48 pm »

This version has some improvements on DLNA with my Panasonic Viera connected i.e. browsing the files works flawlessly. However I still can not play the movies, while Twonky Media Server can do. Also there is no possibility to browse the file system.

Thanks for these quick improvements. Waiting for more to come.

Edit: I just found out how to add browsing for files to the "menu" on the TV client. So this also works. I can view the images on my TV now and waiting for the videos to work. By the way: could I get the NEF files to display on the TV screen?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 05:49:54 pm »

This version has some improvements on DLNA with my Panasonic Viera connected i.e. browsing the files works flawlessly. However I still can not play the movies, while Twonky Media Server can do. Also there is no possibility to browse the file system.
Edit: I just found out how to add browsing for files to the "menu" on the TV client. So this also works. I can view the images on my TV now and waiting for the videos to work. By the way: could I get the NEF files to display on the TV screen?
Good news.  Did you set conversion options for Video?

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:47:56 am »

Good news.  Did you set conversion options for Video?

Yes, I did.

kurushi

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:52:34 am »

Hi,
The bug about policy size is still here.
And the smartlist have disappear (or maybe i have made something wrong?)
thanks for this update.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 02:23:02 pm »

I split some posts on ASIO to a new thread.

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 02:54:17 pm »

I split some posts on ASIO to a new thread.

Thanks for your direction Jim, but I'd still like to point out that in the DSP Studio/Output Format, the link is so long that everything below the Add Plugin's link is hidden. There is no access to Bitdepth and everything below and there's no scrolling bar available to access that information. Maybe that page could either be shortened or a scrolling bar added to the side so there's a way to get to it?

Thanks again for the ASIO resolution.

Robin

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »

Maybe you're using large fonts?

Here's what it should look like:

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »

Yep, it was the font size all right. I went and looked it it and it was up on 15. I brought it back down to 12 and everything there again in the DSP. All the strange happenings have finally been put to bed.

Robin

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 08:10:02 am »

1. FLAC .cue show up with 2 iterations of an album. All tracks are listed twice:

J:\Transients\Muddy Waters - Fathers and Sons (1969) [flac] {Speakers Corner 180g, 24-96}\A1 - All Aboard.flac
J:\Transients\Muddy Waters - Fathers and Sons (1969) [flac] {Speakers Corner 180g, 24-96}\A1 - All Aboard.flac;1

2. On some albums, all tracks are listed correctly, but in two seperate iterations as above, and in one group, each unique song plays the same track, track 1.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 11:00:24 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up