INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck on .101 'til VST plugin support improved...  (Read 1672 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Stuck on .101 'til VST plugin support improved...
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:51:49 am »

I posted this a while back in the comments after build release .106. I have tried every other build since then, up to .121 and the new (to me) problem still exists...

A pro VST plugin I use, the IK Multimedia ARC System (latest version), works perfectly in other hosts (i.e. Cubase) but does not always load correctly in MC14 beyond .101. Specifically: intermittently its effect in the chain is not audible unless I open the DSP studio and actually display the plugin's interface - then I hear the effect kick in. Although it remains checked "on" and active, sometimes it does not affect the sound as it should unless I "look at it". Once displayed, the effect remains active throughout the MC14 session until application restart.

More importantly,

1) If I update MC14 from .101 to anything else (up to .121 tested), the next time I display the 'page' for that plugin in the DSP studio, its Licensing and Activation windows comes up as if I've never properly activated the plugin. Of course I have, long ago, in .101 or before.

2) When I display that 'page', the whole DSP studio windows contracts to a teeny-weeny window with just the window control buttons.

So in summary, I used this licensed, registered, pro VST plugin 100% perfectly in MC14 up to .101 and now every subsequent build blows it away. Am stuck in .101 'til this has a fix.

Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stuck on .101 'til VST plugin support improved...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:10 pm »

I wonder if the plugin requires its display to be created before it'll properly process data?  I wouldn't expect that, but I don't know how else to explain it.

Is there any way I could get a copy of the plugin to test with?  Of course we can delete it once we're done testing.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

Hi Matt,

Sure ... although it's a licensing thing that uses a machine ID code ... so I'm not sure if my 'Activation Code' will work for you.

Can you send me an e-mail address and I'll post it to my FTP box.net etc.

P.S. - While you guys are talking about room correction recievers and all that, you should be aware of the IK ARC ... which uses Audyssey licensed technology. I'm essentially operating a room-correcting "reciever" with MC14 by using this plugin. It's been very cool and very stable in Cubase etc. Can't really pirate it anyway, though, as it has built in mic calibration presets for a special order omni which they also provide, Awsome anti-piracy. (Not that you, I or anyone here would be interested in that anyway ;) Sorry if this is a cross-thread topic thing.

Thanks,

DP
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 12:45:12 pm »

Do you have access to build 102, 103, etc.?

Maybe if you tried them sequentially, we could figure out the change that caused you problems.

Send me an email if you want to try this approach at matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:33:27 pm »

Thanks to Derek for all his help.

This issue appears to be a problem with this particular plugin when running without administrative privileges.

Some VST host programs let Windows redirect HKLM and Program Files writes so that the plugin doesn't need to properly handle low-privilege accounts.

JRiver disables this redirection because we are low-privilege compliant, and the unneeded Microsoft layer can cause problems (like the program seeing totally different things depending on what privilege level it is run with).

Hopefully the plugin author will address the issue.  We'd be happy to provide them a license of Media Center if they need.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:58:19 am »

That's too bad, ARC would be useful for some.

You could try to do Room EQ wizard and export data for use with convolver like Voxengo's Pristine Space VST. Maybe that would work in MC.

My room sounds good right now (new room), asymetrical, but I may break out my calibrated Dayton mic soon to take a peak at what's going on in here.

good luck and kudos to Matt for getting to the bottom of this
hifi
Pages: [1]   Go Up