INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPG Files don't play via DLNA  (Read 3635 times)

gottwavo

• World Citizen
MPG Files don't play via DLNA
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:58:01 pm »

I have reported this in other threads already: I have a Panasonic Viera TV and would like to play the Video files via MC's DLNA server directly on the TV (instead of connecting the TV to the PC, what one could do).

All my Video files are mpg files. Some are my own videos, others are TV recordings. All are editied using AVS Video Remaker, saved using the default mpg format.

They all play with Twonky Media Server on the Panasonic TV. Twonky can do transcoding, however it looks like it does not do it, since the check boxes for transcoding are greyed out.

With the latest versions of MC I can see a lot of improvements, but still can not play the videos. Also the Panasonic TV is not listed as a DLNA device to select. Convert Video is checked, but I can not select "to what", and probably would not know.  Panasonic claims they can play mpg files, however also say, that some variations might not play.

I did supply a wireshark logfile already.

These are the messages in the DLNA Server

Looking forward to view my movies with MC ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MPG Files don't play via DLNA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:38 pm »

Make sure you can play the files in MC.  If the machine that is running the DLNA Server cannot play them, then they also cannot be converted.

Try other file types (under 1 minute if possible), just to test.  You might learn something.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Re: MPG Files don't play via DLNA
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:09:47 pm »

The files play in MC on the PC. No problem.
I tested some avi files. They also don't play. Tested a little with DiVX files. No success. I will do some more testing tomorrow. It's too late in Germany already ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up