INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Tagging Software  (Read 1377 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
MP3 Tagging Software
« on: January 31, 2010, 01:07:09 am »

Anyone aware of some tagging software that will work and conform to what MC14 expects to find in certain fields?   

The MC14 tag system seems to be OK most of the time but have had problems with a few albums now that I'm endeavouring to correct some file issues that should have been done initially some years ago.

I find it easier now to check the tagging setup within each album and corect any errors or ommisions before importing that album into MC.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP3 Tagging Software
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:14:37 am »

MP3Tag

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »

Thank you muchly.  Will try that.   Found TagRename first and will give them both a run.

Peter

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 04:02:42 pm »

Alternatively, you can use another MC library for fixing the tags. You create a new library with Library Manager and import to that library first.

If you want to use an external tagger I'd recommend Mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de/en). It can correctly handle the user and proprietary tags that were created with old MC and MJ versions (prior MC13). Those tags are stored in ID3V2.3 COMM frames with descriptive headers. Many other programs support only a single COMM frame (= the regular Comment field) and may destroy any additional COMM frames. Unless Tag&Rename has changed recently it can't handle those.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up