INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug-in Status?  (Read 950 times)

Scronch

Plug-in Status?
« on: July 01, 2002, 03:58:28 pm »

OK, I had a little time, and I've taken the plunge to MJ8.  Looks great so far.  How do I tell if a plug-in is running?  I want to play with AudioStocker until I can run Replay Gain analysis on everything.  I don't see any indication that the plug-in is active.

Scronch

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Plug-in Status?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 04:03:23 pm »

Replay Gain is under Properties/Tools/Analyze Replay Gain. Also a playback version (not sure if it works on non-analyzed files) in DSP Studio.
Listening to: 'Cool As A Rule' from 'The New Edge' by 'Acoustic Alchemy' on Media Jukebox
It helps.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Scronch

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 04:08:00 pm »

CVIII - I did locate the DSP Studio, but my impression from reading Interact over the last few months is to not use Replay Gain until the files have been analyzed.  I'm familiar with AudioStocker, so I just want to try it with MJ8 for now.  But I see no "plug-in status" indication.  MJ7 had an 'x' next to DSP plug-ins when they were loaded and running.

Scronch

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 04:13:12 pm »

Is "AudioStocker" the plug-in you're looking for. Repay Gain is a part of MJ.
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 04:20:28 pm »

Scronch,

Go back into DSP studio. Look on the left side of the window. Check or un-check the boxes for whatever you do , or don't, want to use.

Forgot to add :

Plug-in manager is probably what you are looking for. In there you can see what plug-ins are installed in MJ. Settings > Plug-in Manager.

Maybe someone else can elaborate more, but if they are installed they should be active. Some are also configurable. Select and see type of thing.

Scronch

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2002, 04:36:44 pm »

Aha!  I had to exit and restart MJ.  Even though the Plug-In Manager found and allowed me to configure Audiostocker, DSP Studio didn't show it until I exited.  Thanks.

Scronch

sekim

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2002, 04:43:54 pm »

Scronch,

Another plug-in worth looking into is RhinoBangas' 'Album View'. Same thing after you install it, re-start computer, and it will show up in the 'Tree' afterwards. Still kind of testing it though so beware of that if it gives you a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up