INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to new HW and from W7 RC to retail version  (Read 1526 times)

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
Moving to new HW and from W7 RC to retail version
« on: February 22, 2010, 05:37:02 am »

I am moving to a new machine and from Windows 7 RC to the retasil version.

Can someone asdvice on how to make a COMPLETE backup/reinstalation of the current instalation/settings/IR codes etc. etc.

The Video and music files are all located on a NAS. The rest is on the local machine now runinh W7 RC.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Moving to new HW and from W7 RC to retail version
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:40:11 pm »

The library contains about 90% of the data. You can back this up and there is information on how to do so in the Wiki. Key is that the NAS drive letters have to be the same on the new computer.

As for the rest of of the settings, they are stored in the Registry under HKeyCurrentUser. I'm going from memory but I believe it is HKCU\Software\JRiver. You can right click and export. On the new computer you can double click on the file to reimport it.

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:12 am »

hI AND THANKS

I am aware of the Library backup need. I regulary do that to my NAS and I also have al the media files on the NAS.

So do you say that ALL remaining setup ifo and data are stored in the reg? Does this include IR codes?
There are several entries unde JRiver in the Reg. Under HKEY_CURENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Which are important? Does this also retain info on decoders and filters setup for videoplayback. VST plugins etc?

I will save a lot of work if I am able to restore ALL my settings

Rgrds
Ole

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »

AFAIK everything is in the library backup or HKCU. It is all I've ever used. From what I can tell remote settings are there as well under Plug-Ins->Remote Control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up