INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: are tv show comments treated as keywords automatically?  (Read 1092 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
are tv show comments treated as keywords automatically?
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:12:15 pm »

Are tv show comments treated as keywords automatically? I ask because I have a custom field (listcombine([keywords],[filename (name)]) which should just search keywords and filenames. But I'm noticing that some tv shows are appearing in my search even when the word I'm looking for is nowhere to be found in the MC keywords or filename.

Eg: search: paint
Result
\\LIZZY\Media (M)\Workshop Shows\New Yankee Workshop-(Taunton Chest)-2008-12-20-0.mpg
keywords: dresser;projects

but the comment field is this:
Norm builds his version of the Taunton Chest out of poplar and calls on a decorative artist to copy the paintwork from the original design.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: are tv show comments treated as keywords automatically?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »

I don't think there's anything automatic.  Perhaps the search is including the files for some other reason?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:50:52 pm »

what does the custom tag field look like when you open it in the tagwindow?

:)
gab

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:51:15 pm »

I don't think there's anything automatic.  Perhaps the search is including the files for some other reason?

That's what I thought as well. I stared at the rule forever and just couldn't see it until just now.

[seachcal]="stain","sanding","grit","paint","brushes","antiquing","distressing","finishing","finishes","rubbing out","waterbase","sand-through","Target Coatings","dyes"

I was missing the 'r' in [seaRchcal].

Which is odd. You would think that since searchcal without the r doesn't exist as a field, that I would have gotten lots of results (like the entire database, perhaps) or none at all. And yet the difference between the mispelled field and real field was 27 items, all of which had at least one of the search terms in the comment field.  

I didn't think MC was that smart (to give me close results in spite of my mistakes)!

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up