INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emusic File Renaming  (Read 809 times)

lee269

Emusic File Renaming
« on: July 01, 2002, 12:41:45 pm »

Testing out the emusic free trial. Can download files OK (always wondered what download manager was for!) but having problem renaming files from their download location. Using 'File properties/tools/rename file from properties' to attempt to put files into artist\album directories with 'track# - name' filenames I get the confirm file move dialog without focus (greyed out). It seems as if there is another dialog hidden behind it that I cant get to. Clicking on confirm file move multiple times eventually makes it go away, and some of the files selected do seem to get renamed.

Just downloaded MJ8.0.315 - no improvement.

So far liking emusic, as recommended by so many on this forum. I reckon I can get enough music out of a 3 month trial to justify the price, and see how it goes from there, but having to rename large numbers of files by hand would be a pain. Can anyone help?

lee269

NY40Male

RE:Emusic File Renaming
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 03:00:07 pm »

i use Tag&Rename after i download them
that takes away all the _ and the numbers
and makes them look normal again
www.softpointer.com

dont know if this is right or not.
and maybe someone else has a better
idea but this is what i do

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 03:32:27 pm »

See the other thread "Emusic and Dowload Manager" for more details on how I do it.

I use,like you tried, the "Rename Files from Proprieties" and I don't see the problem. After I select all the files, and apply the renaming scheme, when I save, I get the nag screen "update database, yadda yadda yadda" I select "use same answer for all" and the click "move file and update database".

So this part is not too bad for me ( a couple of clicks, to rename whatever # of files you have donwloaded). The nag screen could be less persistent, but it's not bad even now

The thing that I would like to see is an automatic way to get the cover art. Now I have to do it manually (both saving it from Emusic and then edit each album and add the cover art), an THAT is time consuming

Raymond has hinted that a better integration with Emusic is on his way,so I'll look forward to that

Claudio

lee269

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 09:32:50 am »

Claudio

Hmmm, 'Rename file from properties' works exactly as you describe, except as the nag screen pops up I see another dialog box appear and disappear too quickly to see what it is. I think this other dialog goes behind the others. Whilst the nag screen is visible, its obviously not the active dialog, and clicking on it has no effect. Something is going wrong, but I dont know what.

Im going to try 8.0.316 and see if that helps

lee269

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 09:42:24 am »

First i have to say that i do not understand your problem

But not a raison for not answer!

You can change the tags from inside Emusic site and set how you want them
Do you know this?Can it be a solution to your problem?

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 01:23:25 pm »

I also see that dialog appearing for a fraction of a second and I'm not sure what it is.. but my nag screen remains responsive to input nad I can continue as I described....

I don't really know what to suggest more...

Claudio

lee269

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 11:21:05 pm »

Zevele: I did not know that - Ill check it out. My problem is not really with tags though - mainly in moving my downloaded files from my emusic download directory into artist\album directory structure though.

Claudio: Thanks for the info. Ive now realised this is happening with all files not just emusic downloads. Im going to throw in my lot with Serges thread, as he seems to have the same problem.

Thanks all

lee269
Pages: [1]   Go Up