INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Screen Saver  (Read 1667 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
Disable Screen Saver
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:57:00 pm »

Hi all,

In MC14 I see there is an option to disable the screen saver in Theatre View. Is there anyway to extend this functionality so theat the screen saver can be disabled simply when a say a video is being played in Full Screen mode?

Cheers,

Chris

swinster

• World Citizen
Re: Disable Screen Saver
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:15:46 am »

It would also appear that the disable screen save in theatre mode isn't working as it should on my Vista platform as the screen saver keeps cutting in.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:08:53 am »

The screen saver is always disabled during fullscreen playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:55:17 pm »

The screen saver is always disabled during fullscreen playback.
oh dear - this doesn't seem to work with me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:58:26 pm »

Disable any compatibility modes or software that might interfere.

For us disabling the screen saver is a simple case of responding to WM_SYSCOMMAND / SC_SCREENSAVE, so I can't think what could go wrong.  It does work properly on the machines I use regularly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:16:20 pm »

Ok. I have an idea. I actually use SBS 2003 and apply some setting using AD and have one setting that enforces a password on screen saver (although the timer and screen saver themselves are now left unconfigured). I will diable this setting and let you know how it works. If so I will creat a special group for the Media Centre machine.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:38:21 pm »

I don't think this is a AD setting issue. I have set the screen saver to a 1 minute timeout and when running VLC, the screen saver doesn't start. However, when runing a video in MC14, the screen saver will continue to interrupt.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 04:53:29 pm »

I don't think this is a AD setting issue. I have set the screen saver to a 1 minute timeout and when running VLC, the screen saver doesn't start. However, when runing a video in MC14, the screen saver will continue to interrupt.
Right, I did some testing with this and it seem that setting the AD GPO settings do make a difference. The policy that does it is:

User Config --> Policies --> Admin Templates --> Control Panel --> Display -> Screen Saver = Enable

The odd thing is that this only appear to cause an issue when the "Password protect on Resume" setting is enabled, either via gpo or manually.

The really odd thing though is the VLC doesn't have a problem with any of this, so what every they do, theu must disable the screen saver in a slightly different way
Pages: [1]   Go Up