INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I show playlist in the other monitor? (with regular view in the current)  (Read 2699 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

Background:
While DJing I want to be able to show what is playing on an external monitor while I am working on a regular view in my monitor.

Current Solution that does not work quite:
I can send the display view to the external monitor however,
1) I cannot show the playlist and where we are on the playlist
2) I cannot use the cool background animations that is possible in theater view.

Questions and/or Requests:

- is it possible to send the theater view to the other monitor while working on the current monitor with regular view? In my trials, I was able to send theater view to the next monitor but I lost MC control on my current monitor.

-  Is there a way to access the current playlist from the display view HTML? If not, is there are [Playing Next] tag, that I can put to the display view, so that I can at least show what is going to play next.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

If theater view could be sent to a detached windowed display, my problem would probably be solved.

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe

It works for me.for use mc i just need to clik on it or use the keyboard shortcuts.
If i remember maybe i have disable the first monitor go in theater view ===> press windows touch and enable the second monitor.
I hope it 'll works.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

Kurushi, if I understand you correctly, you are only using the monitor that has theater view on it and keyboard. That does not work for me, because I need full power of MC in regular view on my monitor, while showing the playlist in the other monitor. (either through theater view or display view).

kurushi

Ok Tolga i haven't noticed this sorry for this mistake.I have seen a post about the detached view on this forum but don't remember where.
Yes i use only one screen for use it.But if its possible i 'll want use this view scheme.I mean theater view & standard view on the other monitor.
Sorry it seems that i can't help you. :-[

glynor

• MC Beta Team

If theater view could be sent to a detached windowed display, my problem would probably be solved.

For the record, I'd use this too.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

me 3 :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I'd also really like it if Detached Displays would actually show the "player bar" UI controls on mouse-over, the same as Display View does.  Right now, if you WANT to control a Detached Display right in the video display window, you can't.  You MUST use the Standard View or Theater View UI, usually on a separate monitor.

In effect, I'd like Display View and Theater View and Standard View to all be able to be "detached" and shown separately, but be able to interact and control each other (so long as they are set to the same zone).

A perfect example is using MC to run a multimedia "show" (like DJ-ing or running a multimedia presentation with videos for an auditorium or room full of people).  It would be great to have MC running on a machine with a local console showing MC in Standard View, but then have the Display detached and sent to a projector (connected to a second video out on the computer), and then a third "audience-facing" HDTV mounted on your "DJ Booth" showing MC in Theater View mode.  Another example might be if you were running the entertainment at a "cocktail hour" or "party" function, and you have a few HDTVs mounted around the place, like they do in many cafeterias and sportsbars.  Have a local console showing MC in Standard View, and a touchscreen with MC in Theater View, so that people could queue songs/videos themselves.

You can do this with Tremote and separate computers, which sometimes might be appropriate.  However, that requires more infrastructure and can be less robust (wireless can go down and connections can be lost, you might have to deal with firewall issues, and other networking related troubles).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

ive asked for that before as well... it would give us less need for gadgets. we could do it all from display view, change tracks, ffwd, change ratings:)   that would be awesome!

MusicHawk

I'd use it to.

Generalizing the request, it would be wonderful if some of MC's panes, views, display modes, etc,  could be treated as detachable/floatable/sizable windows.

They would all start out docked, looking essentially as they do now, but could be pulled away and positioned as desired, including on a dual-monitor expanded desktop, or maybe directly to a specified monitor. For reference, implementations of this capability are in Adobe and other desktop publishing software, and in a variety of other apps.

Also, MC would need to remember at least two layouts -- the windows-docked layout, and the windows floated layout -- and make it easy to switch between the two layouts without having to re-do the work.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

I absolutely loved the idea of making windows out of tabs by pulling them out (e.g. like google Chrome). I think that would increase my procrastination productivity.

Tolga
Pages: [1]   Go Up