INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MC have automatic folder organization/rename like Media Monkey?  (Read 1146 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

I have tried Media Monkey before, but I still prefer MC/MJ; however, the Gold version of Media Monkey has a feature where you can set rules that allows Media Monkey to organize your folders and rename your files on your hard drive. That's an awesome feature for those of us with gigantic collections of music. Any chance J river will be doing something similar in the future?

Lunatique

• World Citizen
Re: Will MC have automatic folder organization/rename like another program?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:00:38 pm »

Nevermind. I realize it's practically useless for my needs. I have tons of downloads of free music from fellow hobbyist musicians and many of them are not named or tagged properly, but when I download them I always put them in a folder with the name of the person. The way Media Monkey works is to completely screw up those folder names I already organized and put all the tracks without proper tagging into an "unknown" folder and thus mixing all them up. I was better off before I tried that feature. Lesson learned.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will MC have automatic folder organization/rename like another program?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:10:15 pm »

MC let's you have it both ways. Use Rename, Move & Copy Files... to reorganize files in the file system based on tags. Use Fill Properties from Filename... to set tags based on the existing file pathnames. Use the latter to tag all your "hobbyist recordings" with the musicians' names. Even the Platinum version of another program is unlikely to match that. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up