INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream player bar title  (Read 1105 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Stream player bar title
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:34 pm »

While playing radio station steams, I've noticed the player bar title line is replaced with a title from the stream (for MP3 streams, at least—I'm not sure about other types). It's usually Artist - Name, or sometimes just the name of the stream (e.g., the radio station). In any case, I like to know what I'm listening to, and this information is much appreciated.

I was wondering if this "stream title" could be made available in Theatre View. Logically, it would be presented with or immediately after the "playing now" entry in the OSD. It would also be nice to be able to include it in a track info display. Maybe this is possible now using the appropriate code. In my dreams, I'd be able to add it to the file info panel just like any other field. It would, of course, be "empty" unless the stream was running.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stream player bar title
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:05:44 am »

I'd like a Theater View Playing Now that was less of a list and more visual.  Nicer integration of playing information is part of this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:48:20 am »

I'd like a Theater View Playing Now that was less of a list and more visual.  Nicer integration of playing information is part of this.
that would be nice indeed..

:)
gab

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:02:35 pm »

I agree—so I wonder if you understood my comment. If I'm not actively using list data, I prefer to enjoy G-Force while listening to music. While doing so, I still have access to information using the OSD. Unfortunately, it only displays Name (in this case, the name I have given to the radio station), and not information about what is currently playing in the stream.

Speaking of "nicer integration"...G-Force will display track information on track changes. I doubt it's feasible, but it would be nice if the stream title could be displayed when it changes. Track information can also be displayed on demand, so even if transitions can't be detected, it would be nice if stream title could somehow replace the track name that would otherwise be displayed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up