INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File naming conventions when ripping.  (Read 1099 times)

Chico

File naming conventions when ripping.
« on: June 30, 2002, 06:46:26 pm »

Well...  I guess I have to be carefull what I ask for.
When I go to rip a CD with multiple artist on it, and set the File naming rule to "Artist - Name", MJ creates the file using the Album Artist as the artist name.  So now I get a file called "Various Artist - Sweet Sixteen" instead of "BB King - Sweet Sixteen"!

It would be nice to have the album artist as an option in the Directory Rule, but not nessesarily in the File Naming Rule.

Is anyone else getting this oris it exclusive to my copy of MJ?

Chico

Lucy

RE:File naming conventions when ripping.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 06:49:38 pm »

Maybe you have to change the artist names by yourself ?

Chico

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 07:00:57 pm »

Thanks Lucy, but the Artist name isn't the problem.  MJ uses the "Album Artist" name when naming files (at least on my system).  There is a difference.  If I am ripping an album by one artist, then the album artist is the name of that artist.  However, for albums such as movie soundtracks, the album artist is "Various Artist" but each track has a different artist.  When creating file names and having the file naming rule set to "Artist - Name"  I should get the name of the artist of that track, but every track created has Various Artist as the artist name for that track.  Am I making scense or should I go to bed and try in the morning when the brain is functioning better?

Chico

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 05:11:13 am »

I have noticed that when ripping various artist CDs, that the "Directory Rule" does use the Album Artist... This is good!

The  "Filename Rule" also uses the "Album Artist"... This is not good.

Chico
Pages: [1]   Go Up