INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI not working from MC14 after Win7 upgrade, MC14 resetup  (Read 1043 times)

reedk

• Recent member
WASAPI not working from MC14 after Win7 upgrade, MC14 resetup
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:58:59 pm »

I upgraded my vista machine to win7, reinstalled MC14 from the website, and when I play music through WASAPI I get a "playback could not be started on the output (Windows Audio Session API..." message.  Direct works fine.  Any ideas what it might be?  I checked setup against the USB DAC setup article in the wiki and everything matches.

suviking

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: WASAPI not working from MC14 after Win7 upgrade, MC14 resetup
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:04:03 pm »

try setting the buffer to 0.44 s. I have no idea why, but it worked for me when the defualt 0.5s did not.

reedk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »

thanks!  that was it.  Mine was set to 2.5 or so seconds.

Reed

reedk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:24:34 am »

It still seems to not quite work right.  If I set buffering to the least amount (.05s) then everything works although I occasionally get pops when I press play.  If I set it to .3 seconds or so then some of the time when I press play it plays but other times when I press play it just sits there and doesn't play.  It seems about 50/50.  I have play from memory turned on so it's probabably reasonable to have buffering set at the minimum but I don't know.

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 12:55:55 pm »

Hi

currently on my set hardware (dCS) I get a similar experience with Wasapi.  It's good enough to use but I'm starting to feel it sounds even more like vinyl with the occasional pop coming though for no apparent reason. 

To the guys behind all this - I worked with another media player developer (oops - did I admit that......) to solve his Wasapi issues on my hardware and he identified that dCS uses the standard windows USB drivers but is relying on 10ms packets/updates - miss one and I guess you get a pop.  He changed his software to readily support 10ms updates and it worked fine. Maybe this might work for you too?  Anyway recent improvements seem to have helped - it works better than it used to on my gear - and it sounds outstanding.

Murray 
Pages: [1]   Go Up