INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theater view - track order  (Read 1643 times)

murrayp

• Recent member
theater view - track order
« on: February 17, 2010, 03:55:53 am »

Hi,

In normal view my (flac) files all show up and play in correct track order. But in theater view they show up in displaced order - eg will start at track 5 - end, then 1-4.  So the order seems correct, but the start position isn't.  Any idea how to fix this please?

btw - WASAPI plays OK (a few glitches occasionally in 14.0.140 on my dCS usb hardware.  It seemed to have more problems again in 14.0144 so I reverted.

thanks

Murray

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: theater view - track order
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:18:04 am »

So they don't play as they are shown is that right?  What have you set in option>theatreview>audio?

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:27 pm »

no, they show up in the wrong order and play in that order.  eg 5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4

I haven't set any theater view properties - I couldn't see any that seemed relevant to altering track order.  Unless I've changed something by accident, they are default.

Since theater view does not show track number (something that bugs me btw) the problem is only obvious if familiar with the music or album.  Everything else works normally.

It looks like it might be something to do with the library as I reloaded it recently.  The music is stored in two folders.  The first loaded ok and seemed to work ok in theater view.  When the second was loaded all albums (first or second library) showed incorrectly, only in theater view though. I deleted the old library first but didn't take the option to set library features (? - or some such) that is offered, to default - perhaps I should have?

Then again maybe it was just a time thing and the first library was going to show incorrectly later anyway.

Resetting the computer etc makes no difference.

thanks

murray

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:18:00 pm »

I haven't set any theater view properties - I couldn't see any that seemed relevant to altering track order.  Unless I've changed something by accident, they are default.

I have no idea why the default sort order would be incorrect, but the configuration provides for any kind of sorting you may want. Each "Library Item" has Rules for file display. Among other things, this includes completely configurable sorting rules (under "Modify Results"). Note that Library Items can be nested, so child items inherit the Rules for file display of the parent, if any, and they can also have their own. So not only is Theatre View completely configurable in this regard, you can have as many views as you like, each of which is independently configurable.

Since theater view does not show track number...

See Options - Theatre View - Advanced - File Captions. You can add [Track #] or whatever you like to the file caption.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:02:48 am »

What you're experiencing might be the playback starting point when choosing to Play all? Try to select Play All when you're at the first file in the playlist, and it should play the files in the correct order. If you're at track 6 and select Play All, it starts playing from track 6. At least I THINK this is the way it have worked for a long time.

This is a shot in the dark though, as I almost never use Play All.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 04:41:11 am »

Thanks for your help guys.  I really am in awe of the functionality and features you guys have hidden away in here - not to mention the support.  Especially for such a fair price.  In the end I pulled all the plugs and uninstalled and reinstalled the lot (program and library), and it now works fine again.  I must have screwed something up somewhere.  Never mind - all's well again. 

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 03:07:45 pm »

Glad to hear you got it back rockin but there is a way to add track number I'm just not sure how do it so you can put another post.  Also there definitely is a way to sort in by track number in the theatre view options which is likely being done given the way the messed up sorting was taking place.  Just an FYI.

If you can think it, this thing likely does it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up