INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AudioGalaxy  (Read 1029 times)

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
AudioGalaxy
« on: June 30, 2002, 02:40:42 pm »

I just went to use AudioGalaxy which I haven't used for months and I got a message that it's old and I was prompted to download the latest version. I noticed that the latest version is REALLY loaded with spyware, does anyone know if it will work after ad-aware cleans it up?

Listening to: 'The KKK Took My Baby Away' from 'Anthology (Disc 2)' by 'Ramones' on Media Jukebox
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:AudioGalaxy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 03:09:00 pm »

AudioGalaxy has been shut down by the RIAA (with the help of the American judicial system ). It starts, you search, you get results but they're all blocked. All of them.
They will probably flounder around and try to satisfy the conditions that will let them reopen (explicit permission for each song by each artist) but they will eventually join Napster in P2P heaven. It looks as if, for now, the RIAA will continue to fight the Hydra.

Which brings up a recurring thought:
Eventually, the RIAA will realize the futility of going after the P2P's. Will they then go after the P2P users? No. Equally futile.
What they might do is get the filetype MP3 declared illegal (I'm sure that is on their agenda) and go after the MP3 players ... both manufactured and on line. That's us.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 03:25:22 pm »

>> filetype MP3 declared illegal
At the rate they are going "Audio CD" Will Be illegal Also, And the only way you can hear good singing is in the bathroom.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2002, 03:28:31 pm »

Whose bathroom? Not mine.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 04:11:31 pm »

Correction...no humming allowed unless the hummer has negotiated separate licenses with RIAA and ASCAP. Rates are tentatively set at $0.07 per tune/per recital (with lyrics - permits the hummer to break into song as the spirit moves him/her) and $0.03 (wordless). All licensees will be required to install mini-cams with audio capability in each bathroom, and sign a waiver permitting unannounced spot audits. Licensees must recite full artistic credits at the conclusion of each number.

If the program proves successful, separate licenses will be made available both for whistling and finger-drumming, presently not permitted under the DMCA. Sen. Hollings has introduced an amendment to the DMCA that would permit digital amputation for unlicensed finger-drumming; penalites for unlicensed whistling are still in negotiations in the Joint Senate-House Committee, but those under consideration include collagen lip injections, cat-gut sutures (with a gap for insertion of a small feeding tube) and locking habitual offenders into a room listening to "People" by Barbra Streisand on a 24/7 basis.

HTH

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 05:06:38 pm »

This thread is going down the drain.  See the little swirls and soap bubbles?  Night night, thread.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up