INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14.0.140 Bug: "Fix broken links" fails on playlists  (Read 1618 times)

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe
14.0.140 Bug: "Fix broken links" fails on playlists
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:37:35 am »

If I Clear the library, set Media Import to import .m3u playlists, let it complete and then delete an .m3u, MC fails to remove the playlist from the library.

I have "Fix broken links: Yes (protect network files)". This is supposed to "Automatically removes any files from the database that it finds missing on disk.".

It is failing to do so in this case.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: 14.0.140 Bug: "Fix broken links" fails on playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

Under the hood MC doesn't create actual links to external playlist files. I.e. it doesn't sync them similarly like media files.

It merely reads and interprets playlist data when a playlist is imported. Inside MC a playlist is a list of media files that exist in the databse.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

chrisjj

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:55:15 am »

> I.e. it doesn't sync them similarly like media files.

That sure fits with the bug report.

It is supposed to "Automatically removes any files from the database that it finds missing on disk."

It doesn't.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:50 am »

The m3u and other playlists files are not database files. For instance, you cannot use library tools for tagging, moving or renaming the m3u files as individual library items.

Technically MC creates a new special list view when it reads and interprets a playlist file. The referenced media files are imported separately like any normal media files (if they are not already imported).

Perhaps MC should optionally link external playlist files so that they would be fully maintained in both directions. I have seen that feature request from time to time.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

chrisjj

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:56 am »

> The m3u and other playlists files are not database files. 

Like audio files they were imported by Auto-import and like audio files there are entries corresponding to them in the library.

And like audio files, when they are removed, so should the corresponding entries.

The current behaviour makes nonsense of auto-import. Not just on delete - e.g. if you rename a playlist file five times, MC makes five copies in the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up