INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create Custom Playlist Field  (Read 972 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Create Custom Playlist Field
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:13:40 pm »

Can anybody provide me with an expression to create a custom playslist field?  I'm looking to add a playlist column in standard view so I can see what songs are in what playlists.

Thanks.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Create Custom Playlist Field
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:11 pm »

I don't believe it's possible. I have a custom list field in which I manually record some playlists the item belongs too. I do this by simply by selecting the playlist and tagging all the items with the playlist name. While this is easy, it's obviously too tedious if new playlists are created frequently. It's almost completely useless if playlists are changed regularly. You would then have to regularly delete all the tags and re-add them using the current version of the playlist. I use this technique only for a playlists that represent CD's I've burned for listening to in the car. For that limited purpose, the results are useful—so I can see how it would be nice to have this automatically for all playlists.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Create Custom Playlist Field
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:42:21 pm »

Well that's crappy...it would seem to make sense but it is in the tag information so that my have to do...harder but at least its there.

If anybody knows of a way....thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up