INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with a view scheme  (Read 1249 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Help with a view scheme
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:44:13 am »

Hi,

Was hoping that someone could help me out with this view scheme.  It is for TV shows.  If you look at the right, the text to display is Name, Episode and Description.

1. Why does the pane at the top show Epidode, Episode and Description.

From this pane, I have to click on the file to get the pane at the bottom, and only then do I get the name.
Is this a bug?

2. Is there a way to get multiple lines for the text, in this case so I can see more of the description

http://pix01.com/4j@hwBJ

I had also tried this below, as it would be nice not to have the need to go through episode, as they show up in the pane below after season.  However, the text rule isn't followed at all in the last pane, so I don't get the description.

3. Is there a way to modify this view to have the bottom pane with Name, Episode and Description, as I have asked it to?
4. Is there a way to have the text beneath, different as I descend from Series, to Season (i.e. I don't need the episode number at the point and would like to remove the  "varies"?

http://pix01.com/5j@k3Ar

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with a view scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:47 am »

as far as i understand, you could try something like this:

if(isequal([Series],[name]),[series],[series] - [season])
if(isequal([episode],[name]),[episode],)
if(isequal([episode],[name]),[description],)

hope there are no mistakes.. did not test it.

:)
gab

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help with a view scheme
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »

thanks gab, that works a treat.

Pity there is no way to have multiple lines for the text below.  It has struck me that just a little bit more flexibility in what can get displayed here would be a lot more useful for movies/video.  It would be much better if each record was given a "cell" on the screen with a few rows and columns and you could choose what to put, eg rating, description. To some extent I guess I should just use Theatre View, but when I am not, I am finding the interface for video still very luck-luster, despite other advantages of the program.

How are others using the interface for movies/video, do you have custom display schemes? or am I just missing some view template or something else basic?

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up